I realized, I love MV Starscream.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Livingdeaddan, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan Gotta get to sleep somehow...

News Credits:
    I always point out Screamer has fantastic action scenes in TF1.

I always acknowledge Screamer brought a real old school Decepticon feel to ROTF.

I felt physically sick when he screamed and died in DOTM.

I started to overlook his bizarre chicken legs.

I always believed Adler delivered a perfect Starscream voice.

I missed him in AOE.

I felt antagonized by his appearance in TLK.

... Now I don't know if I'm more, or less pissed at the movies for their handling of Starscream.

• Like Like x 19
  2. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Yes! It's a shame he didn't get more screen time with his awesome voice he had. There's something about his voice that I really loved and I'm pretty sure it was that subtle growl. I know some aren't a fan of his look, but I'd say he sported a well thought out design.

• Like Like x 9
  3. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Better off Pred

I agree on all you're points but the last one, I was actually really surprised and glad to see him at all. And then even Megatron acknowledged him and lamented his death. I had a fools hope Megatron kept hold of his head and might put it on Nitro's body or bring him back some way but that seems unlikely to ever happen now.

Even if you despise the movies, as a Transfomrers fan how can you not enjoy scenes like Screamer blending in with the air-force then shooting and clawing them out of the sky while shifting in and out of jet mode? Or a jet flying under a bridge, transfoming and then grabbing onto the top of it and swing himself up on top? Or the hit and run tactics of flying down in jet form, transforming, shooting the hell out of everyone then back flipping back into jet mode and getting out of dodge lickity split? Those where all fantastic moments.

• Like Like x 17
  4. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    I'm glad OP loves Movie Starscream. He was a pretty decent version of the character, even if I thought his design was rather radical.

• Like Like x 2
  5. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    I don't know..I always loved that design.I'm into more unique stuff myself and that's one of my favorites.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Trip2boy

Trip2boy Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Love Movie Starscream. Many fond memories of playing as him in Transformers: Decepticons.

7. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Yeah I'm a fan of how he looks and the things he did do in the movies too. I still dig the avian vibe he has which suits him very well and he's actually a pretty compelling character in the IDW movie comics especially in Reign of Starscream.

8. Sideways77

Sideways77 RIP Dandy Chiggins

News Credits:
    Honestly to this day I feel like Movie Starscream is the most effective Starscream. He got shit done in the first trilogy, and kept his groveling to a minimum.

And when he was groveling it was mocking Megatron.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Fallout

Fallout ꧁꧂

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    i'm stealing and watering down something @SPLIT LIP said forever ago, but starscream's design is great because it accentuates how he's king of air combat but gangly and awkward on the ground. really cool, and even if it's not an ideal starscream design it's a neat design in general.

the character was pretty generic and didn't really... do anything starscream-like at all, except for being whiny and having a high voice. i've heard people say "oh well we don't know he WASN'T shooting at megatron as a jet in the first movie" but that just feels like one of those things people say to try to prove the movies are totally g1.

still don't get how his head fucking exploded in dotm and then was whole again in tlk. or how it traveled from chicago to buffalo.

10. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    It's all about the toys ; you can make your own story with a Starscream toy of your choice, disregarding anything that happened in those movies.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Strawberrytop00

Strawberrytop00 Derpticon

OP….A-are….are you me!?

I adore Movie Starscream, when I saw the trailer for the 07 movie I saw the scene of him flipping over the bridge and immediately went “I like that one!”

His character was a letdown after the first film though, hated how they had him hunched over looking like an obvious scheming little henchmen. (Yes he’s always scheming but he was never so damn obvious) Megatron calling him ‘traitorous’ did not fit with what we got in the previous films he wasn’t traitorous at all. In fact I was kind of hoping he blended in with the other F-22s and took a few shots at Megatron in the first films but NOPE!

I think his battle with the F-22s was amazing looking. In fact many of the Decepticons had some amazing scenes in that movie. Blackout and Barricade come to mind.

It was but it wasn’t as obvious I wanna say, no one I’ve seen those movies with picked that up. They thought he was an Igor like character.

I will forever love that Giant Dorito

XD

12. Sideways77

Sideways77 RIP Dandy Chiggins

News Credits:
    Right? His delivery with "Sooo impressive" made it super clear he was being sarcastic. But people don't see it I guess?

• Like Like x 1
  13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Because it doesn't line up with the rest of his character, and it wasn't really delivered that sarcastically. It was hammy, but not really sarcastic.

• Like Like x 3
  14. sladeprime

sladeprime Check the earth. It might be Unicron.

News Credits:
    Still one of the scariest Cons. Speciality when he fired at the Autobots. Ironhide: It's Starscream! And i really love his design.

15. Galva Prime

Galva Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I know everyone (it seemed) went crazy over Nitro Zeus, but he’s no Starscream.

I think Starscream’s design gets criticism due to the toys mostly making him into a squat, wide lump with short legs (the middle section on the toys’ legs are way too small, other than on the leader) , but what you actually see on screen has a lot more elegance and grace to it. In a couple of scenes he’s there with his legs stretched up into full height, like in TF1 when he’s fighting Ironhide and Ratchet, and incidentally, Ratchet has the chicken legs going on there too, just before when they’re fighting Brawlastator.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  16. AMG

AMG Old School

It's how he died that bothers me the most. It was one of the rare times when I became disgusted while watching the movies.

17. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The avian predator look to Starscream was interesting, gives me the potential idea on the kind of threat Starscream could pose.

• Like Like x 1
  18. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee I must be some kind of nut...

I always had a soft spot for Movie Starscream. I actually kinda like how he looks a bit like a vulture in robot mode, and he does have some amazing action scenes in the first Transformers. I really wish he'd gotten to do more in the movies, though I did like that Megatron actually lamented his death in Last Knight.

19. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    Yeah, I've always thought he was cool. He had arguably the most personality out of the 07-dotm Decepticons, and he was as badass as Starscream gets in the 07 film when he took down those planes.

It's a shame that he became progressively more subservient to Megatron as the movies progressed, though. I feel like ROTF was peppered with hints of Starscream eventually pulling a 'him' until DOTM decided it wanted to be the last movie. Ah well.

Also his gangly body was awesome. I loved his alien look.

• Like Like x 1
  20. UltraPrimus56

UltraPrimus56 In the ruins of paradise

Yep, movie Starscream is my favorite incarnation of the character as well. He's honestly one of the only versions that got shit done, and really brought his status as air commander into play. He absolutely dominated anything and everything in the sky, taking out three of the U.S. military's most advanced fighter jets ever made in seconds, carving through ospreys like they were nothing, dispatching both Ironhide and Ratchet in seconds before shooting back into the sky, and even making the former shout his name out in fear. Starscream's design was intimidating, bloody diesel as shit which I'd expect the second-in-command to Megatron to look, and was extremely well thought out in terms of form and function. Plus, this Starscream wasn't afraid to take on Optimus bloody Prime in RotF; that alone gives him serious brownie points. He also transformed into my personal favorite fighter jet ever made, so that also makes me biased.

If they had kept his personality the same as it was in 07, where it felt as though he wouldn't be afraid to call Megatron out on his shit sometimes, and even be an equal to him of sorts, then movie Screamer would have been the perfect incarnation for me. Be fortunate enough to own the ThreeA figure, really drives home just how lovely his design is IMO. Such a powerful, deadly, and intimidating looking form.

• Like Like x 1