I paid only $19.97 plus tax for the Walmart Exclusive Powerglide!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Viewfinder, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Viewfinder

Viewfinder Telecommunications

Today I was at my local Walmart when I found the new Ultra class exlusives. They were on a display in the center of the store along with other Transformers. One side of the display had a sign at the top that was labeled $11.97 and it was loaded with Deluxe class figures. On the other side of the display there was sign that was labeled with a price of $19.97. The top shelf had Voyagers, the second shelf and Ultras, and the bottom shelf had Bumblebee arm blasters or something like that which the kids can use for role playing.

I decided to grab an exclusive Ultra class Powerglide and scan it to check the price. I had no clue what they were going for. The scanner showed that it was $30. I figured that the $19.97 display price was only for the Voyager class figures so that was too good to be true for the Ultra class figures as well. I then proceeded back to the display to decide if I wanted it or not. When I got back to the display there was a lady causing a huge scene. She had also scanned an Ultra class figure and after finding out that they were not $19.97 she was pissed.

One by one Walmart employees came over to calm her down. They were trying to explain to her about the different price points, but she insisted that since there was only one price listed on that side that all of the toys under the sign should be that price. While I was standing there with Powerglide in my hands one of the employees must have thought I was there to complain with her because he turns to me and says "sir the best thing I can do for you is give you $3 off." I told the guy that I was willing to pay the full price that it scanned up as, but since you offerd I will take you up on your offer. He then told me he was going to take me up to the register to make sure that the cashier gave me the $3 off.

On our way up there we run into the employee who was responsible for putting up that display. The guy who was helping me got into a discussion with this guy and told him about the problem and that he was going to give me $3 off. The guy who set up the display then tells the guy who was helping me to give me it for $19.97. That just made my day.

So now because of the ranting and raving of one customer, I have just saved myself $10 for being in the right place at the right time.

A few minutes later I hit a TRU and they still had DC Universe Classics labeled $11.99 even though they rang up at $12.99. I went to customer service and they gave me them for $11.99 instead. I got 2 figures so I saved $2.

I know that's not much but with the economy the way it is every bit helps.

2. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    I saved myself 30$ + tax by not buying it because he was bright red and not maroon.

3. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

Wow!
    That was a nice deal.

4. Viewfinder

Viewfinder Telecommunications

Yeah that pissed me off as well.

He looked like he was faded from sitting out in the sun too long.

5. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Cool Story Bro.? Though seriously, it's always nice to get discounts :D 

6. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I got Powerglide for $15 because I had a gift card at Target for the rest given to me for free. Mine is the first gray one, but I'm just as happy with it. :) 

Congrats on the score :) 

7. ghowildseven

ghowildseven SG Decepticon

long story, but gratz on the Powerglide.

8. TIE Bomber

TIE Bomber Banned

I found one case tonight & immediately pulled out Skyfall. Didn't even think to look at Hardhead or Powerglide. From the pics I've seen Hardhead looks like shit. And I already have the Japanese maroon Powerglide. So I was only interested in Skyfall (which looks totally awesome in person).

I guess I'll see Hardhead & Powerglide on the shelves eventually.

9. Mirage232

Mirage232 Well-Known Member

Didn't even know he was out. Was he available on the Wal-mart site at one point? It seems like it was, but it is now listed as out of stock.