I Ordered Universe Cheetor and got a Star Wars AT-TE?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by aey103, Mar 11, 2009.

1. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So a little back story to start. Back in December when Universe Inferno, Hound, Cheetor, Cyclonus, and Star Scream first were available on HTS, I made an order of them all along with several Legend Class figures and Robot Heros 2-packs. The Legend Class figures and the Robot Heros came but no Inferno et al. Figured made the purchase too late and they were now on back order since they were almost all showing out of stock. December and January come and go and finally HTS shows the remaining figures as shipped on January 30. February comes and goes no package. I call a few times and the last time I am told they will all ship tomorrow (March 5). They all show as shipped and a tracking number is provided. I get the package on Saturday (March 8) and look to see no Cheetor. The invoice doesn't show it on there so I look at the order status on HTS and see it is seperate from the others. So I figure it is still on it's way.

That shipment came today in a huge box, so I thought it was either packed very well or another shipment of all 5 transformers. Oh no it wasn't Cheetor or anything that I ordered. It was a Star Wars AT-TE. The huge $100 thing. I haven't been charged on any cards for it...yet. To top it off there was no packing invoice either. I am at a loss here. I want to say it's there screw up and keep it for my SW Collection even thought I only collect Original Trilogy and EU stuff, but I am worried they will eventually see there screw up and bill me later since it is a difference of $90 in the order.

2. Brawlastator

Brawlastator it is our life - jon bovi

News Credits:
    Keep it. Cheetor sucks.

3. DiamondHead

DiamondHead HUH?

News Credits:
    Definitly keep it,if they do say something send it back then.There fault not yours!
    For all you know you may have won it as a prize........for what I dont know but its a good excuse if questioned about it later

4. Tyjos

Tyjos Just another Collector

KEEP IT DUDE!!!!!!! IT's AN AWESOME THING [Make sure you order replacement legs for it cause the legs on the AT-TE are crap, you can do an easy search for those]

Yeah Universe Cheetor isn't as cracked up as he's said to be...he sucks more than he's cool...and I have him...

5. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    If you keep him then you are running the risk of Hasbro charging you for the figure. It is better to do the honest thing and call them up. Who knows, they may let you keep the figure for all of the trouble they have caused...

6. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    MORAL DILEMMA!!!!

If you keep it you've got a cool toy that cost you next to nothing. You've also got the guilt of theft on your shoulders seeing as how you're pretty much (technically) stealing it.

If you send it back and get what you ordered you've outed yourself 10+ dollars for a pile of shit.

It's a lose lose situation my friend :) 

7. Tyjos

Tyjos Just another Collector

Complain loud enough they may offer it to you as compensation.....LOL

8. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    Heck, i'll send you two U. Cheetors for the AT-TE.

9. Plastic Man

Plastic Man The Man in Black

Similar situation happened to me. Me and a buddy put our money together to order two boxes of Magic cards from starcitygames when a new set was coming out. Thought we'd save a few dollars on shipping.

Anyways, the package arrives and in it contains 4 boxes!!! We opened those packs all night long, playing pack wars, drafts, etc. We opened some great foil rare cards too!

We thought they wouldn't notice and they were ours.

Well... the next day I listen to a phone message from them asking me to call them and they think there was a mistake.

I was scared because I could not afford another couple boxes at the time and I knew it was wrong to keep them.

So I gathered my thoughts, got some advice, went out to my car, shut the door so I could be in a quiet place, and I called them up.

To sum it up they wanted me to send them back to them, they were going to make arrangements to have them picked up by UPS. I told them (very sheepishly) that I opened all of the packs . He was like "you opened ALL of them!" I said yes. And he said can I put you on hold. Put me on hold for forever and when he came back he said "ok just keep them." He sounded pretty defeated. I was like "really?" And he said yeah.

And that was it. I got to keep them and I screamed for joy in my car.

As for your situation, I'd wait and see if they contact you. Most likely they will try to get it back from you if they contact you and if it doesn't work out, oh well, I guess you get to keep an AT-TE.

On the other hand, if you have super ethics you should contact them and try to ship it back, but remember it's not your fault and they will survive if you don't. The fact that you're posting here asking us could mean you know it is sort of dishonest.

Hope I helped.

10. Plastic Man

Plastic Man The Man in Black

Oh, and I doubt they'd just charge you for it. If they did that I'd raise hell.

11. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well I did the honest thing and contacted Costumer Service again, in fact talked to Allen who was the rep I talked to the last three times and he did remember me. He is sending it to consumer affairs who will look into it but he said if they can't find an error it's mine. But as of right now he can't see anything in my account about an accidental order and thinks it would actually cost them more to have me ship it back to them.

12. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh and the reason I called them was more to let them know that there maybe an AT-TE going to the wrong place because I would fell bad if some 10 year old kid was expecting it for there birthday and didn't get it because they made an error. And with this economy I would also fell bad if the warehouse guy making $10/hour who made the mistake was docked pay for the error. Now taking money from Hasbro on the other hand really wouldn't fell to bad about.

13. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

the guy in the warehouse did you a favor. thank him.

14. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    Free upgrade? Score...

15. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope so too, eventhough I have no where to put it right now. It was something that I eyed when it was shown at Toy Fair last year but then Hasbro announced the Big A$$ Milenium Falcon and it went to the well maybe if I see it on clearance list.

16. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    Make sure they don't end up billing you for it.

17. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    Thread starter wins an Internet :thumb 

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Send it back, or at least call up and ask what the deal is. It was obviously a mistake, and somebody probably ordered an AT-TE and now has a Cheetor. Somebody at the Hasbro warehouse must've fucked up big time.

19. Sunstreaker

Sunstreaker Partyin Like it's 1984

Ebay:
    Reading is fundamental, Split Lip.

20. iceclimber

iceclimber Well-Known Member

Keep it, it will be a collector's item, since you can one day show the receipt with the toy and it would sorta be like an error on the packaging. Ok, so maybe not.