I ordered My TFCC exclusives And didn't get charged?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Rodimus89, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Rodimus89

Rodimus89 Protector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I Looked at my bank right after I ordered them, and it said fun publications and the amount that was being taken out.. That was on the first, now I checked my account today and there's more money in there than there should be, come to find out there charges are no longer on my statement. did this happen to anyone else? will i be charged again?

2. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I would suggest calling your bank to find out what happened.

3. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    odd. I just checked my bank (chase) and fonud the same thing. even though I have an invoice number from them.
    Maybe they just do a charge for the amount to make sure you have the money, but dont actually make the charge fall through until they ship out the figure?

4. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

No, they usually take the money right away. When I bought Punch/C Punch & G2 Ramjet the money came out right away.

5. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah me to.

I see a lot of over draft fees in people's future dealing with funpub

6. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    Mine is still a pending transaction. It happens sometimes. I ordered a few things with BBTS earlier in the week and its still pending too.

7. engledogg

engledogg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Something like this happened to me when I ordered the Iacon package - the only difference being that I used a credit card:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...registration-now-available-4.html#post7146482

What happens, as stad said, is that they charge the card initially for the amount to authorize the card/to see if there are sufficient funds, creating a pending charge.

This pending charge appears in your account.

Time (not sure how much - depends on the situation) passes and the pending charge then disappears (as if it was never there).

(This is the point you guys are at)

At this point my balance was the same amount as before the purchase.

Eventually, however, the amount shows up again (mine happened within a few business days) and, at this point, you're actually charged for the items, increasing my balance by that amount and everything is as it should be.

Again, that was for my credit card, and I'm not sure how the banks do it, but in my case, everything that happened was considered normal.

And, as stad said in that thread, they charge immediately, not waiting until shipment. I'll toss his helpful quote here in case you don't want to bother with that link:

Couldn't hurt to call the bank to make sure, though. Not sure if the Club switching up payment processors might make things a little different, but if you're worried, just call your bank to confirm.

MIKE
    engledogg

8. Rodimus89

Rodimus89 Protector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yea so I guess I will give it a few days, and then if it doesn't go through I will call the bank! Thanks everybody glad it's happening to others not just me!

9. kiyoshioni

kiyoshioni The Knife

It happened to me as well. I swear to god that if this creates an overdraft fee, or christ, the charge doesnt go through because some other bill gets through before hand, Im going to be pissed.

Pending charge was there, money was allocated out of the account. Pending charge is gone, and I have 120 extra bucks in my account. This makes me uneasy as I dont want my order canceled, or declined because of lack of funds while this transaction takes more than several days to go through.

10. 3.8TransAM

3.8TransAM 1989 Turbo Trans AM

Check with the bank or card issuer.

Then also send a polite inquiry to funpub.

Always calmly double check all the bases first, then go crazy :) 

11. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Pending charges on a Credit Card due to an online purchase last 3-7 days depending on the bank/CC company. If you call the CC company they will tell you that your card has been charged, even on a pending transaction. You need to be very specific with them and ask if it is a charge or a pending charge. In my experience, they can tell but for some reason not at first glance.

12. kiyoshioni

kiyoshioni The Knife

Pending charges on my card say "pending" on them and are listed in my account summary. This was a pending charge one day, and completely gone with no record of it the next.

It isnt a pending charge, it is a missing charge. Call nightbeat!

I emailed funpub about it and am calling my bank now. I'll update with any answers I get if anyone else is having problems with this.

13. engledogg

News Credits:
    That's exactly what happened to me, like I said above...

Pending charge, missing pending charge, then a few days later, actual charge...the charge will eventually show up.

MIKE
    engledogg

14. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You better be right, or else you Sir will owe me a Coke.

15. engledogg

News Credits:
    Ha...hey, I put in the
    clause for a reason. :) 

With my experience, with a credit card, I was told that the disappearing pending charge is normal, and that's how it turned out, thank goodness. I sort of freaked out myself when it happened to me, so I just wanted to give people that info in case they are in the same situation.

IIRC, the pending charge showed up at the time of purchase on the 18th, disappeared on the 20th or 21st, and the actual charge showed up that following Monday morning (the 23rd).

MIKE
    engledogg

16. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    What bank? Grant it mine was a CC, but it was US Bank. My charge didn't show up online at all, but was pending for a few days when I called the company and listened to my list of charges. Also, log in to your club account and see if they are still in your summary of previous purchases.

17. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    I'm worried that it has to do with not having enough Over-Runs...

Whats weird is that the money WAS gone-but now its back.

18. kiyoshioni

kiyoshioni The Knife

Called the bank (chase) and they told me the charge was approved, but funpub, or more likely their cc company took to long to confirm the charge so the pending bit essentially timed out. The charge is still active and i was assured it would go through. Kinda wish the bank kept the pending charge active though so nothing else eats up my funds before funpub goes through.

19. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    my first order for 2 Runabouts and 1 SG Drift is no longer pending, while my 2nd order for Drift still is... this has happened to me a lot, usually from restaurants, where the charge disappears for a day or two, then shows back up... if it hasn't shown up by Wednesday, i'll be calling to see whats going on...

20. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    it scared the heck outta me. I'm hoping my situation is the same as yours