I noticed something about Wal-Mart

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Noisemaze2006, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

Over the past few years I've noticed something about Wal-Mart. I have a total of 9 Wal-Marts in 6 different towns around me. Out of those 6 towns only one gets new stuff. Only 2 stores are up to date with the latest waves. That's one town, 2 Wal-Marts. The rest are dead zones.

Last night my friend & I went out hunting & hit most of the stores. In this 1 town they had the giant restock that everybody has been talking about. They were full of Classic voyager Prime & Jetfire, Primus, alts Ravage & Rumble, DVD Prime,Cybertron deluxes,Classics deluxes,Cybertron scouts, Prime vs. Megs 2-packs & the new Darth Vader vs. Obi Wan 2-packs. The other stores didn't get anything at all. I've noticed that the distribution center ships everything to this 1 town, it has always been this way. My question is why? Who's fault is it? The individual store manager? The computer system? What's preventing the stock to be shipped evenly among all 9 stores? Why is it all going to those 2 stores in that one town? The store closest to me has to be one of the worst in the entire country. They NEVER restock action figures. That one town is about 45 minutes away & I can't afford to go there very often. I shouldn't have to, I have a Wal-Mart 2 minutes down the road. I don't understand why one store gets everything while others get nothing when they'are all pretty much in the same area.:confused: 

Does anybody have any idea how to get them to ship evenly to all stores??? I'm pretty sure they're all under the same distribution center.

2. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wish I could help you there. My guess is that, similar to Best Buy, there are certain stores that perform well in certain areas and get designated shipments as such. See, I know for a fact Best Buy "grows" there stores dependent on what sells- so if a particular store sells more DVDs, that section will slowly grow while other sections shrink. So, those Walmarts that get the restock of toys may be designated as the toy stores, but who knows if its all just cause and effect. Anyways, I deal with the same thing- the Walmart a few minutes away hardly ever stocks up, while the one that's 40 minutes away is really the best place to go to get new toys.

3. Talathia

Talathia TFW's Cool Little Heathen

I used to stock over-night at Wal-Mart about a year or two ago. And we didn't do the toy department, day crew did, whenever they felt like doing it. Could be some stores have better people or who knows..? Maybe their over-night crew stocks..?

4. nic28

nic28 warrior

i think they send items to the stores based on there general location and population like my local wm is in a rural part of wv so we get more food and clothing items than toys. they is no new tf movie figures in my wm but 25 miles away in another wm store they have movie figures in stock 1. the town has more people 2.it is closer to 2 major cities in wv 3. that wm is right next to the interstate so they can get the product to the store faster. at least that is what i think i may be wrong

5. Ace96

Ace96 Well-Known Member

Former manager at Walmart.

They will never ship evenly to all the stores for several different reasons. One, if one store is a higher volume store they will get more figures and have larger section of transformers. Two, if a store's inventory is not correct then they will not get any product in. Say the computer shows they have 10 of one figure but they actual have 0, then they will not get any in. Its all based on sales and how accurate the inventory system is. Third, not all Walmarts carry the same items. Depends upon what the store is traited to carry.

Also don't forget about this.
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=147178