I never thought I'd say this but... I hate Optimus Prime.

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Leather Elbows, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Leather Elbows

Leather Elbows Dooper

News Credits:
    Crossfire was an amazing episode but Prime continues to be boring and perfect moral speech leader. When he showed up saying ''I do not condone the extermination of a defensless lifeform'' or whatever. I thought ''shut up I hate you''. When will Prime show some anger! Some determination. The best he ever was in this show was when he vowed to extinguish Megatron in the Unicron episodes. He had the chance to end it but let Megatron live.

2. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

[​IMG]

3. Leather Elbows

Leather Elbows Dooper

News Credits:

4. megapork

megapork Cheese

Prime is the only bot who keeps himself in line. When the world goes to shit, The autobots just fall apart. And they would have if jack didnt intervene. You cant hate him for being what he has to be to protect and defend humanity while keeping the some of the remnants of a fallen race from extinction

5. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    I personally don't see prime as being dull but i'll choose not to say otherwise to avoid conflict in this forum Lol. If it makes you feel better he was gonna kill megsy.

6. Stygimoloch

Stygimoloch ROBOT! JET! ROBOT!

News Credits:
    I love this Optimus. A character always doing the right thing does not make them boring, and one can clearly see what the weight ofmillions of years of war has done to him. The deep emotional scars and the moral conflict Prime has about execution Is more than enough to make Prime interesting.

It appears you are being too nitpicky and/or looking at everything in a negative light. Perhaps you should sit back and enjoy the ride.

7. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    And this person wins the thread. Case closed.

8. PcPrime23

PcPrime23 Filipinooooooooooooo

News Credits:
    This isn't Bayformers. This is TF Prime.

9. DJPrime39

DJPrime39 mUnKY

i just knew someone was going to say that

10. optronix72

optronix72 Autobot

Ebay:
    This is my favorite Optimus Prime. Doing the right thing and being a good example for others is not an easy task. Personal feelings and uncontrolled emotional response are not an option when one has such responsibility on their shoulders. For the sake of others Optimus Prime keeps himself in constant check as to be part of the solution and not the problem, a more honorable and noble leader you will not find imo.

11. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    This has always bugged me about Optimus Prime too, especially since it's often (if not always) been his main weakness. However at the same time (and I swear the G1 Bios even mention this), its also part of what makes him Optimus Prime.

... he should totally have killed Megatron, though :lol 

12. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:

13. OptimusPrime108

OptimusPrime108 Autobot Field Commander

This.

14. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, Optimus is a little preachy but he's not that bad.

15. WoundSave

WoundSave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did you watch the end of the episode? - where Prime was about to splatter Megatrons brain out the backside of his head? You clearly missed the whole point- Prime wants to spare Starscream cause he is not a threat but Megatron is too dangerous and devious to let live.

implied facepalm for real

IMO both Megs and Prime are the best they've ever been in this show. Megs by a long shot, and Prime by a good margin as well

16. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Except he wasn't going to let Megatron go until Dreadwing showed up. You could see Optimus fighting with himself. He was debating letting Megatron go, but then drew his gun. I believe he would have killed him if Dreadwing and his armada hadn't shown up.

17. updatedude

updatedude Well-Known Member

I thought it was neat that everything was set up so that he would be faced with the dilemma of kicking buckethead's bucket right after his declaration that he didn't condone taking the life of someone defenseless. Coincidentally (or not so coincidentally), this was the situation faced by Jack way back in Rock Bottom, which was also an ep about offing the 1st lieutenant in an abandoned Decepticon mine.

Anyway, I thought Prime seemed almost relieved that he didn't have to cross the line he himself just drew.

18. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    You know what, I bet Optimus hates you too.

19. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

WIN.

20. StacyGrsley

StacyGrsley Banned

I love all Optimus's from every series despite their flaws (this might sound silly, but scince my father left me, I kinda always saw him as kind of a fatherly figure, a hero),but I will agree Prime Optimus is too soft, but you can tell by his emotions that he faces internal personal conflict. But I will agree with Ratchet, he is too soft and everytime he lets someone go, he risks more lives when he lets the cons go. Thats why, I like movie-optimus. Hes like a mother bear. You mess with her cubs (humanity in this case), all hell breaks loose.