Customs: I needeth a mentor!!!!

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Houndvoice, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

I'm asking for help on my first ever kibash. I've had this idea in my head for a couple of months now, but I realise I'm in dire need of some help:

I NEED A MENTOR!

Uhm, well, I really don't know what else to say but, I'd really appreciate the help of someone who's been where I am at now! :thumbs2: 
    If you have the time (!) and patience (!) to try and educate me in the kitbash-proficiency, please PM me!!! :thumbs2: 

AFTERTHOUGHT: I've never seen this kitbash/character done before, so there... You'd be part of writing history.....FTW.... or something...! :thumbs2: 

Thanks!

2. catch22

catch22 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The whole Radicons forums are a mentor. Go to the tutorials. Read read read

3. JazzEd

JazzEd Truckasaurus!

If you need ideas to bonce off of, hit me up. PM me or something.

4. mampy

mampy Movie-Accurate Mampy

News Credits:
    ^ What catch22 said. The best you can do is to read through all of our tutorials and look at other resources all over the net. Then try things out yourself (on spare/junker pieces of plastic at first). :thumb 

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I echo all that's said in this thread. The Radicons Staff are each willing to help you in any way we can :) 

6. catch22

catch22 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Plastic spoons are great for practice, testing out colors and paint compatibility.

7. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

Thanks guys,
    I did eventually come to the same conclusion... the thread was started on a fairly moist evening if you get my drift.
    Anyhow, this forum is absolutely amazing, I've been browsing it quite a bit lately and find new useful stuff everyday! :thumbs2: 

8. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    read the "things i wish i had known before i started kitbashing" thread. but otherwise, most of us are self taught, i just read all the how-to threads.

but depending on what youre looking to do, you can pm me and i would be happy to help if i can. ive asked some of the pro bashers questions and ive found that they often just cannot be bothered enough to answer you.
    i sort of understand ---you can ask someone how they did something, but you probably wont be able to to do it the same way, bashing requires some creativity and working through a problem or mod is half the fun. ive been pointed in the right direction a lot of times and done the rest myself through trial and error.
    good luck.