I Need Some Tips Concerning Aim

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by BooyakaDragon, Aug 23, 2012.

1. BooyakaDragon

BooyakaDragon I Don't Even Know

News Credits:
    I've been playing FOC everyday since it has come out, already clocked in over 10 hours of use. I seemed to be getting killed A LOT. I have been having trouble hitting people with my weapons. People really like to strafe in this game so it's pretty hard to hit someone. Any tips or suggestions would be nice.

2. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Have you tried messing with the sensitivity? Also, don't panic. Stay calm and don't spray and pray. Also know the range of your weapons as well. Hope that helps :) 

3. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I usually try yelling "hold still dangit!" and when it gets crazy I just kinda "spray and pray" :lol 

Not a very good, tip, I know....especially after Sideswipe80's comment! I'll probably be looking at this thread for help too.

4. optimegatron

optimegatron Not over, not finished.

News Credits:
    I'm always like "YOU'RE NOT GONNA GET ME THIS TIME, ALMOST KILLED YOU!"
    *Gets killed
    "AJIFASJFAJSXALAML;C'AMLAS"

5. BooyakaDragon

News Credits:
    I hate high sensitivity, I like to able to actually control the gun. I like to put it on low to keep my aim straightforward.

6. s10blazed

s10blazed Duly appointed...

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I'm in the same scenerio... I get killed a lot in multiplayer. I have been playing first person shooters online regularly for 15 years and I still suck at them.

For FoC I can recommend that you use cover. You don't always need to be strafing along with the enemy. Once I got used to using cover it kept me still and allowed me to aim more calmly. Now, even with a class that favors constant movement (Scout, scientist) I tend to move less and keep my aim more.

Of course I still have a terrible K/D ratio so take it for what you will.

7. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    That's the unfortunate trade off. If you like to keep stable aim, then you're going to lose to strafers and dashers. You have to, by necessity, learn to play with sensitivity a bit higher so you can deal with these problems. Otherwise there's not much else you can do because you cannot physically compete with how fast they move and how slow you track.

Or, if you're lazy, you can do like me and go Slime Cannon + Cosmic Rust Dispenser, Energon Harvester + whatever ammo upgrade, and Whirlwind and whatever upgrade you want for Whirlwind.

8. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Dance. Dodge. Deny.

Honestly, a big tip is to use accurate weapons and hope that you get a decent matchup. I play conquest, and they're nothing fun about having to fight a six-man team with your four-man team when the other works like a wolfpack.

But also, Keep calm and smash on.

9. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Makes me think of - Dodge, duck, dip, dive, and dodge :lol 

(But I guess those are tips for not getting hit rather than hitting the enemy.)

10. ArmoredSwampert

ArmoredSwampert Literal Pokéformer

Try not to fire where the enemy is, instead fire at where he's going. Aim for the end of his dash, fire left if he's strafing left, etc.

11. BooyakaDragon

News Credits:
    i have been trying that from the get-go. They still kill me lol. I have been trying to strafe myself, to even up the battle. This is why the Path Blaster shouldn't have been nerfed, it would've helped kill strafers.

12. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    If you're infiltrator and if you're far enough to use the Pathblaster...just evade then. Otherwise, if you're close than use the Scatter Blaster. That thing is still beastly, and after using the Subsonic Repeater, the Scatter Blaster is still a better choice.