I need some notebook/photoshop help

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Chaos Muffin, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Anyone know a way I can get my photoshop disc installed on my laptop?
    Only problem is I have no internal/external disc drive.

Is there a way I can send my photoshop to my laptop through email or zip ?
    I don't want to pay for it all over again when I already paid $100 for the disc.

Thanks

2. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Put it in a workgroup with another machine and share its optical drive across the network.

Failing that, copy or image the disc onto a USB stick or external HD.

3. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Thanks man , will try that

Supposedly they have some liscening agreement thing where you can only have it on 2 pc's or some shit I dunno.
    Tried to flash drive it to myself, but it's treating it like a 1kb shortcut. Maybe I need to get into the program files and do each segment manually.

Will get it eventually, even if by trial & error. Or just give up and go play fuc*ing SNES

4. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I install programs on our computers at work all the time. We're pretty cheap so I have to be imaginative sometimes. I have installed CorelDraw using the network. Having it on a computer with a working disc drive, then sharing that disc drive, then using the computer I want the program installed on, I access the drive on the other computer then run the setup.exe file. Never tried it with Photoshop though.

Photoshop's licensing agreements can be a real bitch. We have CS2 and you can have it on four machines.