I need some help, I can't get into my latest games :(

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Recall, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    In the last 2 months i've picked up a crap load of games:

Modern Warfare 2
    Resident Evil 5
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2
    Bioshock
    Brutal Legend
    Fallout 3: GOTY
    Dragon Age Origins
    Uncharted 2

Yet, i've only put time into Dragon Age & MW2. The other games just instantly turn me off for a mirad of reasons after 10 minutes of playing. I just can't get into them. Fallout 3 is far too overwhelming, RE5 is stupidly difficult due to me fighting with the controls. Bioshock is down right terrible, Uncharted 2 is not my cup of tea and Modern Warfare 2 is full of campers.

I have a week off work, all my free time was to be spent enjoying my games but instead i've been wasting my time trying to decide what to play then after 10 mins wanting to play something more accessable like Trials HD. Dragon Age grabbed me by my balls and didn't let go until I finished it, I wish all games did that :(  Whats a man to do?

:cry :cry :cry 

2. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    Damn bro, just damn. I dunno what to say. These are all great games. Maybe it's a seasonal thing? Hormone levels out of whack?

Although I can kinda relate, since I got Uncharted 2 and Assassin's Creed 2, I haven't touched Devil May Cry 4 and GTA 4, both of which are far from being completed. Oh, and there's God of War Collection that has yet to be inserted in the drive, I've only played the GOW 3 demo.

I blame winter :( 

3. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

I get like that too. I overbuy games and have a ton I don't feel like playing. Just let them sit there. Eventually, you'll pick one up and have a blast with it.

4. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Never buy more than one game at a time. If you do, pick one and stick with it. All the "buy x number of games for £10/20" offers in the past have given me a stack of games I've hardly played, some of them years old now.

5. UnicronHound

UnicronHound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The OP is complaining about how hard the games are, or difficult the controlls are, he's not complaing about having no time to play them. I know have you feel when it comes to CoD. I have the same problems with W@W, either instant death with the mp40(literally 1 shot NON head kills), or else they plant bettys randomly around the map hoping that someone runs over them, or they camp where they can knife you. CoD gets extremely annoying, even my nephew who is great at all the CoD get frustrated with MW2.

6. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

The OPs problem is he's spoilt for choice. Yes, Fallout 3 is daunting. It's not instantly rewarding, and it'll certainly take more than ten minutes to start getting fun out of it. Like I said, he needs to pick one game he's going to play and stick at it for a good couple of hours without dropping it to play something that's more pick up and play.

7. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

Could just be a simple case of gaming overload. When you have a bunch of games to get through it can start to feel more like work then fun. Like you SHOULD be playing through them more then feeling that you WANT to play them. Take a break for a day and see what you really feel like playing. Forcing yourself to play something isn't fun.

Personally I don't like having a ton of unfinished games around. It would be like reading a bunch of books at once. I tend to go only one or two at a time before investing time with new ones.

Or perhaps you're just not in the mood for a type of game. I know I have to be in the right mind set to play certain games. You have a few large scale games in that list, if you're playing Trials more then perhaps you should indulge that particular craving until something new strikes your fancy. I love the Zelda series but unless I'm in that "Zelda" mind set I just can't play them. Let yourself play things that aren't going to be a huge time investment (fighters, puzzle, arcade, ect.).

For RE5, if you haven't tried already, change the controller configuration. I hated the default controller set up but found one of the other sets to be more what I wanted.

However if you're not digging Uncharted 2 (how far into it are you?) you may need medical attention. That game is awesome :) 

8. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

Just play Contra. You jump and shoot. Pretty simple.

9. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree with what a lot of people said here. Bioshock and Fallout 3 are two of the best and most satisfying gaming experiences I've had in the past few years. They aren't action packed immediately for sure, but try focusing one game at a time and try to appreciate the atmosphere and options they both provide. The action will come.

Seriously though, I played Dragon Age and LOVED it, but I will admit that when I had Assassin's Creed 2 sitting there, I wanted to get into it and my enjoyment started to waiver for Dragon Age. That's just the problem when you have other things around. I just decided to keep it away until I was done Dragon Age and saw it through, and was happy I did.

10. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

I bought Oblivion, Saints Row, Guitar Hero 2, and Dark Sector last month. I've only played Oblivion.

11. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Play the oldest to newest, so the store credit on the trade-ins will be higher.
    As soon as you finish the next game go cash it in.

Or

Put them all in a small game case, put it away and forget all about them.
    Go about your day until you start craving a particular game, then go remember.

12. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Play RE5 in co-op mode, sucker!

Sofuckinggood.gif

13. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

Word Up!

14. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    I did with my brother over the Christmas period, I have never ever had such a frustating gaming experience. I loved the whole stand still and shoot in RE2 and RE3 but your enemies were not more than like 3 and moved at a slower pace.

We didn't know whether to just stab people to death as ammo is so scarce or just shoot away and hope for the best. Neither option worked :( 

Of course i'm spoilt for choice, but while most people drop their cash on lots of TFs in a month, mine gets spent on games :) 

I wasn't been literal with the 10 minutes remark. Dragon Age was awesome and something about it pushed all the right buttons just like Borderlands and Batman did. Yet these other titles just do nothing for me and after say an hour or so I just find myself not interested, and then gutted that I don't feel I have something to play.

I think Dragon Age just rocked my world so much, that nothing can compare :) 

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  15. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Come play with me, I will learn you how to deal with zombies.

16. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Until your partner makes some simple mistake then you shout at them down the earpiece.

I'm surprised we actually got through Veteran mode.

As for the original question, I know how you feel.
    Twist has lent me Siderman: Web of Shadows and Fear 2.
    I started Spidey for something different and haven't touched Fear 2 yet (and wasn't planning to until I was done with Spidey) but now I've picked up Borderlands (and the DLC) and Left 4 Dead 2 I haven't touched Spidey.
    L4D2 hasn't even been in the drive yet as I look at it more of a MP game and just can't muster to energy to play it.
    Borderlands has had some play but not enough.