I need some Autobot combiners, 3rd parties!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Rexidus, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    With the thread discussing the supposed Fans Project Menasaur and my strong temptation to buy the Giant when it becomes green, that will severely tip the balance of power to the Cons on my shelf. I need some Autobot combiners of the same caliber as Bruticus, Giant, and what this Menasaur would be.

But lo, the divine 3rd parties doth forsake us.

:( 

2. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 I'm actually 16.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I quite like it that Decepticon combiners are getting some focus but I do also want to see Autobot combiners. I'd kill for a Superion and Computron with the Aerialbots and Technobots components that are fully transformable!

3. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I want Computron the most. I'm actually kind of glad Decepticons are getting the focus though. Hasbro releases way too many Autobots compared to Decepticons.

4. TFao

TFao Well-Known Member

I feel exactly the same. I recently caved and got on the FP Superion bandwagon, even though I always thought it was subpar to FP Brut. But with Giant about to drop, and FP Menasor within shouting distance, I needed to bulk up my 'Bot team with something BIG and BADASS.

I started a thread hoping for more ideas for BIG BAD 'Bot combiners to even out my shelves, hoping that RailRacer would be compatible, but in the end I chose FP Superion instead. RR seemed a bit too stumpy. Another suggestion was Cybertron Metroplex, even though not a combiner, he's definitely BIG.

In the end I hope that MT's next combiner will be an Autobot, and I'm hoping that FP's Menasor is a resounding success so as to be followed up with another Autobot combiner. As for TFC, I hope they drop a Predaking on us next. A Herc sized Predaking would be the SHIT!!!

5. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    I would be happy with some big anchors like like Omega Supreme or Metroplex, as the D-Con shelves are gonna have Devs, Bruticus, Unicron, Sixshot, and (hopefully) Menasaur on them soon. I just like to either build to the corners of the shelf or center, and FP Superion upgrade just isn't as big and impressive.

6. TFao

TFao Well-Known Member

It definitely is not when compared with FP Brut, and definitely not if you have/will have him squaring off with Herc. But the wait for another Autobot combiner will be just too long for me, so I caved.

Also, because there is already a Superion on the market, my thinking is that IF another Superion eventually gets made, it will probably be after a few other 'Bot combiners are tackled first.

When I get Giant in my hands I will probably grab a Metroplex or another big 'Bot to stand in until a 3rd party company finally gives another Autobot combiner some love.

7. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Superion is my favorite Autobot combiner but the one that is released doesn't do anything for me. So I have this far flung wish that a 3rd party will make one. I know it won't happen though.

8. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    If I had to vote for an Autobot combiner it would be Defensor.

One thing that shocked me is just how many Computron fans are out there.

But before all of this I really want FP to make Abominus. That is one I would have to get two of because the Alt modes would be the star attraction of the set, but how do you buy combiners without having the combined mode displayed. So two it would be.

I think the easiest and cheapest to make Autobot combiner to tackle would be Superion. You just need two moulds, the core bot and then one mould for the limbs. Maybe a tweak here and there but I am sure most would be content with 4 of the same mould with different paint schemes and heads.

9. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Defensor should be first as they've been doing the first few combiner teams to appear. I'd save Computron for when they're doing the likes of Abominus, Predaking, etc.

10. XxGeck0xX

XxGeck0xX デストロン 情報

News Credits:
    I just want combiners in a similar size to TFC Hercules, I hope either TFC or some other 3rd party does this.

11. Zendai

Zendai Minicon Addict

I think Rail Racer is big enough as is. Of course my only other combiner is Superion Maximus.

12. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Sorry to hear that lol

But at least you have RR, he's cool.

13. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What exists for third party combiner autobots now? Crazydevy's G1 Aerialbots add-on, and the Fansroject Energon Aerialbots add-ons? I guess that's about it.

On the radar for the future... I guess there is the possibly future Starcats Defensor redeco and the not-Dinobots, and the seemingly canceled glacialbots. I guess the PCC limbs for Heavy Tread are an Autobot combiner.

14. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would shit blood for a custom Computron. He was always my favourite gestalt as a kid because of how advanced the Technobots seemed. It was like something out of an anime super robot show, and I was pretty big on Voltes V back then. I'm hoping he comes with a silver face from the S4 opening instead of his normal red face.

15. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have not bought any 3rd party Gestalts or upgrade sets. Too rich for my blood.

BUT if someone (Hasbro or 3rd party) were to make a deluxe sized modern, poseable Skydive or Lightspeed based on the cartoon models... I don't think I could pass. Those are two of my all time favorite TFs.

-ZacWilliam, prefering it came in at $60 or less ideally but sold regardless.

16. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A true Superion. 5 Separate jets all the originals. None of that cheap cop out two mold crap from the rotf mold. I'm talking G1 Superion. That guy is long overdue. He was the first Auto Combiner. After him go in order. Defensor would be a great follow up.

17. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Somebody (may have been TCracker) said in the past that evil characters don't sell as well as heroic characters in Asia. With the combiners, I think it's the opposite.

The Decepticon combiners have always had a bit more character, whereas the Autobot combiners have always come off as bland to me. Plus their overall designs are more interesting and detailed (outside of maybe Computron).

Devastator
    Bruticus
    Menasor
    Predaking

(not even getting into the later ones like Monstructor, Abominus and Piranacon)

Plus, it's like the old adage concerning comics/movies, etc. A good "hero" story will have success or failure based on the villain involved.

The bad guys are just better. :) 

18. Rodimus Primal

Rodimus Primal Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I wished FP did to Superion that they did with Bruticus since i don't like two of the molds being the same for limbs. Defensor and Computron haven't got as much love as they deserve. Defensor was my most played with combiner as a kid since his limbs allowed for a little better posability then others.

19. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I want to say Defensor, but yeah. Everything Fishdirt said. Superion for sure.

20. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Having never owned the original mold, would Universe Silverbolt work as a base for some custom add-on figures (Silverbolt is ultra sized, so maybe some voyager sized version of Air Raid, etc)? Or is it just a bit too plain to make good connection points, etc?