I Need Some Advice, ML Collectors

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Primevil, Feb 24, 2006.

1. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    So, distribution has thoroughly screwed me over with the Sentinel Series. I've only seen the figures in healthy supply at ONE store since they first started showing up, and I'm not too keen on paying KB's prices for the whole set. And obviously, I've never seen the Cyclops and Angel variants, the only variants released so far that I've really wanted. While I just prefer Angel in blue and white, I want Cyclops because ToyBiz's Cyclops from 1990 (in the same costume) was one of my first X-Men toys.

I know that at this rate I'm never going to find those variants in stores. So my question is should I forget about trying to get them and get the standard releases, or should I try for them on eBay?

The thing that makes me wary about buying them on eBay is the shipping. Some people have the variants with Buy it Now prices of $12-15, but the shipping pushes it to or above $20. Of course, $20 in all is probably the best I'll do, and my collector's instinct tells me that the prices will just rise while the regular releases become harder to find.

2. Pooky

Pooky Well-Known Member

Can't help ya but I just wanted to comment on the ridiculous shipping prices that those sellers charge on Ebay. It's insane really. When I sell my stuff, I usually use the shipping calculator option and enter the right weight amount so that potential buyers can pay an honest shipping price. I just hate those that overcharge. A lot of times you'd see them charge like up to 9 bucks and up for shipping on just one Marvel Legends figure. Crazy bastards!

3. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Like Pooky said it's ridiculous how much shipping Ebay sellers are charging for MLs these days. I am looking for Deadpool and Silver Surfer and I don't want to pay $30 for them but that's the going price these days. Your best bet is just buy the entire Sentinel if you are looking for the BAF or individual MLs in lot auctions. Otherwise order them from BBTS at least they only charge one price for shipping.

4. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Individual shipping prices for MLs should be no more than $6. $8-$9 for two.

5. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

I hate that ive never EVER seen a hulkbuster iron man at ANY store in my area. the one figure i wanted in the legendary rider series.

6. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Me too. The Sentinel series is warming the pegs at just about every store I've been to. The only evidence I've seen of the Legendary Riders series is the occasional Vengence. :( 

7. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I was able to get it at a swapmeet for $11. Not a bad price considering none of the local stores have it ever. Very odd but then Scarlet Witch was nonexistent too. I'd like to catch those scalpers that buy all of them up red handed.

8. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

I saw Hulkbuster IM exactly three times..and uh..passed every time as the figure doesn't interest me. Stumbled across 3 cases of variant Sentinel Series once..and bought a whole case. After that, on a couple of occasions I found cases with just variant Cyclops, no Angel variant, which I thought was kinda weird.

Fantastic Four Classics regular (or any for that matter) Skrull OTOH is an elusive bastard.

9. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Same here. Luckily my gf found one a bought it for me. :D 

10. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dudes, you don't realise how lucky you guys are living in the States...living in my country, getting ML is such a pain in the butt! Only 1 store brings them in and if I'm not fast enough, scaplers would swipe the store clean! :( 

I only hope that the ML line continues when Hasbro finally takes over in 2007...if Hasbro changes the scale...I'm dropping this line. ;) 

11. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Habro will only be doing manufacture and distrobution. They have no say on the scale. The scale is set by Toybiz, since they're the ones doing the design work. Toybiz isn't going anywhere. It's Toybiz World Wide, that's been dumped. Completely seperate company.

12. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

best bet is ebay or an internet shop. Internet shops will ask around 20 for any variants but shipping will be cheaper. ebay is the opposite. Pick your poison.

13. Pooky

Pooky Well-Known Member

I've run into the Legendary Riders series here and there but have yet to find the Hulkbuster armor myself.

What I mostly run into is the Galactus series. My local Walmart STILL has a bunch of them on the pegs. Ugh.

As for the Sentinel series, I was very lucky they showd up at the same Walmart but only one figure each. I bought them all in a three day span only cause I kept coming back. In other words, I was lucky no one else snatched them up.

And I have yet to see any of the Apocalypse series figures in my area.

14. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow! Thanks for the heads-up! For awhile I was so worried that Hasbro might drastically change the scale of ML! Now I can hope that ToyBiz puts out an Inhumans boxset! :) 

15. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    I don't know if this helps, but amazon/TRU has had them, and somewhat reasonably priced.