I need serious advice and help!!@$!@$!!@$!@

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wylungz, Dec 3, 2009.

1. wylungz

wylungz Well-Known Member

ok, so here is the story,

i buy alot of things online and i get 1-2 packages a week in the mail..

i live in a building with a doorman so the front desk signs for everything..

i come home and the front doorman says i have some packages, i say sweet and i take them and go to my apt..

i set them down and come back to them about a hr later and pick up the first package to open them.. i look inside and its a NOKIA N97 ($500+) .. i was obviously waiting for my TFC-005 gun lol so i was like i didnt order this!

i look at the box and see the address on it and it has my address but not my name.. so im like oh ok then. i should bring this down stairs.. but then i realize its a amazon box.. so i look for the receipt just to look at it.. and check this out.. cuz this is when it gets weird...

the shipping address on the receipt is a totally different name and address.. and the products on the receipt ARENT EVEN A CELLPHONE!!@$! it lists like 2 books and crap..

so i have no idea what to do or wat this is.. it could be a big fuck up from amazon and they sent the wrong thing to the wrong place and the wrong stuff...

i dont wanna ship it to the right person and maybe they did order 2 books and they might end up getting a cellphone! u kno wat i mean!!??

does anyone know wat will happen to me if i decide to keep it? am i responsiblity for this package? or can i just throw it away and say i didnt order it and that im not liable for it?

ANY ADVICE WILL BE GOOD PLEASE!

2. LoC Soundwave

LoC Soundwave 俺の魂は燃えていない!

News Credits:
    Contact Amazon.

3. blumpy2000

blumpy2000 PENGUINS CAN'T FLY!!!

Maybe I'm misinterpreting, but it kind of sounds like you already want to keep it and now you're fishing for people to reassure you that that's not immoral. I'm not certain about the specific rules/laws on this, but I know that just because it was mailed to you doesn't mean it's yours. Especially since it didn't have your name on the address.

Definitely contact Amazon. They should cover shipping expenses, etc.

4. RodimusPrimeYV0

RodimusPrimeYV0 I

this will sound terrible but Id keep it,but Im stupid you should do the right thing

5. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    Contact Amazon its there screw up let them fix it and no for the record you can't keep the stuff

6. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    yup, contact amazon, you might get billed for that n97 since it has your address on the package...

7. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    You know what's right, to return the entire package to Amazon - don't disappoint by not following that.

--Moony

8. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    if it was addressed to you (with your name), you could keep it, based on http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/business/adv/bus02.shtm (any unsolicited mail sent to you is legally a gift, and it's illegal for anyone to request that you send it back or pay for it)

but since it wasnt addressed to you, you have to send it back. hell, you shouldnt have even opened it.

9. RodimusPrimeYV0

RodimusPrimeYV0 I

yeah no phone is worth your dignity and ya wouldn't appreciate if someone kept something of yours ...what I said before is a lie (well now that I think about it )I wouldn't keep its not worth it.

10. wylungz

sigh ya i kno lol im actually going to go down stairs tom. in the morning to even see if the guy (name on the box) does live in this building.. and if he doesnt then i'll just contact amazon..

BUT . u kno wanna kno something retarded. it must be a HUGE coincidence that amazon screwed up with the receipt and the BUYER screwed up with the address.. really. how weird is that?

and u kno wanna kno something funny wat if there is a guy who lives in this building but HE WASNT expecting a phone and really was expecting what was on the receipt like two books? i think that bothers me the most because he'll prob enjoy the phone then .. and hes not supposed to.. -_- some ppl said u can just disgard it because it was a package that u never ordered and since i wasnt able to sign for it myself, im not responsible or reliable for it, so im not at fault.. but at that same time, i can just say i threw it away cuz i didnt want anything to do with it and just really keep it myself. lol. ugh.

anyway with all this running thru my head i kno wats right and imma just bring it downstairs. find out if there is a guy w/ the name who lives in this building.. if not i'll take my sweet time in trying to contact amazon... maybe i'll tell them i already said it back and dropped it off at ups to the return address:D 

11. red4

red4 Banned

Contact Amazon. If you don't, chances are it'll bite you in the ass. And it's not worth it.

12. wylungz

yyaaa im sending it back!!!

13. cbff

cbff Destroyer of Botcon

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Ya know, it's quite possible that the guy on the receipt bought the item in question and had it shipped to his friend as a gift.

Why pay double postage, right?

14. wylungz

ya but the funny part about it is that the receipt says nothing about a cellphone.. it just labels two books.. and if where to a friend.. wrong address buddy lol

15. joevill

joevill Well-Known Member

Return to sender

16. Ziploc

Ziploc I make cars dance.

You really need to work on your typing OP.

Maybe the person was just reusing the Amazon box and forgot to take the receipt out of it before sending. Just because it's an Amazon box doesn't mean Amazon shipped that phone. Is the phone in its original packaging?

17. joebot.

joebot. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Instagram:
    Yeah that might be the case. A lot of people reuse boxes.

18. E.Rabbot

E.Rabbot Well-Known Member

/thread

19. wylungz

lol sorry i was very hyped up and excited at the time so it was very hard to phrase nicely what was happening at the time =P that is true though about what you said about the box.. however the phone is in its original packaging still and it still sealed with nokia tape label on it. and the safety packaging inside the box was pretty "amazon" like with the air cushions ...plus the shipping label on the box is printed by UPS and says it comes from amazon.com so haha
    who knows tho! that does sound interesting.

=(

20. Ziploc

Ziploc I make cars dance.

If it doesn't have your name on it, it's not yours to keep.

And even if the phone is in its original packaging and the person reused amazon air bags it still does not mean Amazon sent this.

It sounds more likely that someone who sold a sealed phone on eBay/Kijiji/Whatever got an address slightly wrong.

I'm betting Amazon won't know anything about the phone. And if you use that as an excuse to keep the phone than your a fool.