I need Mini-con Collector Help, please!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by mrduce1018, Aug 31, 2010.

1. mrduce1018

mrduce1018 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Please help me Identify this team....

I need help from other serious Mini-con Collectors that have a vast knowledge of these little guys. I need help identifying a particular team.

Here is the story....
    Back at Botcon 2005 I was at one of the Japanese booths. I saw a Mini-con in a plastic case with an $85 price tag on it. I had never seen this version before. It was Impulsor from the DVD Hazard team. However, instead of having the normal darker red color scheme, it had a brighter orange. I asked the Japanese guy about it and he said that those who entered to win the LD Green Unicron and lost were sent a 'Runner-up' prize. This 'Runner-up' prize were the DVD Hazard Team recolor.

I have since seen this same colored Impulsor a couple times and know of one other person that owns one. I have seen a picture online that compare the Orange Kingbolt with the normal Kingbolt. If you look at the Micron Legend Year Book 2003 you can see that the listing in there for the DVD set is in fact the Orange 'Runner-up' set. But, If you look at the most recent Generations Vol 3. This listing in there for the DVD set shows the normal Red release version.

So, my question to all of my fellow Mini-con collectors is this: Does this 'Runner-up' set truly exist? Was there a running change at the last minute? Are the Orange versions that are out in the public akin to those that have the unreleased Unicron Battles Space, Adventure and Street Speed Teams? Similar to those that have the unreleased SpaceWarp?

I am trying to compile a definitive list for Mini-cons and Microns and want to know if this "Runner-up' set should be included. I have been searching since 2005 for one of the other members and have been unsuccessful.

Any and all input on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    Greg

2. mrduce1018

News Credits:
    You can see the difference between the two Mini-cons I am talking about here.

DSCF0008.jpg picture by Micron15 - Photobucket

The Mini-con in question is front and center. The normal release of this version is seen in the back left corner of the pic.

I hope this helps

Greg

3. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

Walky and M Sipher frequent the allspark.com board but I don't think I have ever seen them here.

Hope this helps.

4. mrduce1018

News Credits:
    Yeah I posted there and copied and pasted here. It really is meant for any and all who can help. I will edit my original post.

Thanks