I need info on Botcons...

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Razorclaw, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

I'm trying to calculate the money needed for someone from Europe to attend a Botcon. I'm interested in food and lodging prices by day and room, what is the price for a 2 -bed room and a 3-bed room, is food included in the hotel arrangement, as well as average expenses someone incures during the stay and people payed for this years Botcon?
    How were the prices in the dealer rooms, cheaper than ebay or not??

2. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

A lot of the costs can't be accurately estimated until we know where it is...

The hotel usually runs around $130 per night, double occupancy. Usually no food included. Average expenses vary widely - I spent a lot at this year's because I spent most of the evenings at Dave & Buster's! Depends on what you do and how much you eat...

There's a wide range of prices in the dealer room - Some less than Ebay, some higher.

3. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    This year, I spent averaged between 40 and 50 dollars a day on food and adult beverages, but could have managed on half that.

4. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    As rework said, the normal convention rate has been about $130 US per night for a room with either two queen beds or a King bed. Some hotels have had refrigerators, microwaves and kitchenettes, others have had just the beds, and a bathroom, but most do not include any food in the price.... however they will be happy to charge you obsene amounts of money for tasteless, bland, crappy food.

Fortunately most of the conventions in recent years have been in walking distance from many local eateries that weren't too over priced and the food was good.