I need ID help on combiner KOs...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Razorclaw, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

A friend of mine spotted some G1 combiner KOs. I'm most interested in Menasor and Defensor. I remember in a previous thread that someone posted that Motormaster is great, while the other members were so-and-so.

I don't know yet which sets my friend saw, because there are ones with english letters on the top and ones with chinese simbols. Are both sets of Menasor the same quality or not?? The same I want to know about Defensor.

I remember a few years back the talk was that some sets were nice while others that were selling at the same time were not, but I can't remember which is which.

I got some pics from ebay so take a look and tell which ones I should be getting:

-- Menasor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-- Defensor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have the middles defensor, and it is REALLY nice for a KO. Much better than Wal-mart easter basket Superion!

3. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Thanks!! Anyone else on Menasor??

4. Cobra_Commander

Cobra_Commander Master of tactics TFW2005 Supporter

stay away from the ko devestator its in the same sorta packagin as the 4th pic. All the figures faces look melted and they dont combine properly, its well poo

5. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

I had the "Ses-Bot" version of Menasor and wasn't very impressed. The plastic was really bad IMO. I couldn't comment on the other version that you have pictured, but it looks exactly the same to me aside from the language...

6. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

I had the top menasor a while back. Was alright for a KO. It didn't break or anything and it stood up just fine. But it also had technobots for legs which was disappointing.

7. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    They are both exactly the same, just made at different times.

This company is also responsible for the oversized sixbuild and the undersized Brave trucks.

8. FortressMaximus1976

FortressMaximus1976 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Ive also found on Ebay earlier today some KO Sixshots, and a 3 pack of bots containing a KO Blitzwing, Broadside, and some other bot I dont recall, didnt recognize it as a TF fake though, in one package..as well as a shitload of the Bruticus, Menasor/Technobot combo, lol...Oh, also they had a KO Abominus. Ive considered picking up some of these just for the hell of it, I already have the genuine G1 stuff..but I have limited space as it is, and I dont want to clutter it with the KO crap...except the KO swoop I just got...it aint too bad that one, I must admit

9. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    In my experiences, the ones with the chinese letters on them are the better quality. The ones in the almost exact same box but with english letters are much worse. Every KO I bought in those chinese boxes was far superior to any other packages I bought.