Fan Art: i need help

Discussion in 'Requests' started by Grimlockprime16, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Grimlockprime16

Grimlockprime16 Me Grimlock King!

Aug 5, 2009
    hey guys i need help on a project. i want to do a custom repaint but i need some help with the color layout. i want to do an animated grimlock prime i just help with the layout. i know what primes coloers r but im not sure how to do it with grimlock. please help.
  2. DecepticonBitch

DecepticonBitch Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Well here is my two cents take it or leave it.
    Grimlock is a beast, so really I'm thinking somewhat of a beast wars reference. It should follow a colour scheme sort of similar to transmetal megatron. What made primal so distinct was the blue, so a Prime version I think should have a:
    -Crome blue head and neck, (same chrome blue as Transmetal primal).
    -Red body with silver stripes (similar to dinobots).
    -black t-rex arms (basically as kind of a black tires influence, and adds a variety to the coloration)
    -Silver/crome thighs
    -Red legs, blue feet, (meaning red arms and blue hands in Robot mode)
    -Red tail, but the tip of the tail should be crome silver which will look great in robot mode because it will be a crome part situated just below the knee which is where the G1 semi-prime has a silver crome gas tank.

Or you could go with the same color scheme used for "crocodile prime reptilicon" from the G1 episode: "city of steel", which had the head and neck grey, front arms red, front claws blue, and mismatch grey blue, and red for the main body.

Do PM me the final product though.