I need help with BWs and Animated DVD releases

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by capellamusic, Nov 15, 2009.

1. capellamusic

capellamusic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question, but here it goes:

I wanted to get a Beast Wars DVD boxset, and the only one I know of is Madman's Beast Wars boxset, which has a problem, it's region 4. I can only watch region 2 and 0 (all) DVDs. Is there any Beast Wars DVD boxset (or even separated by seasons) for region 2 or 0?

Also, I know that there still isn't available any complete DVD boxset for the Animated series, but when I found the ones for Season 1 and 2, they were region 1. Does anyone know which releases are available in region 2 or 0? And also if a complete boxset was already announced or not.

Thanks for any help given!

2. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    Region 0 is all region, therefore Australian and US DVD's work on region 0 players. I have the US and AUS Beast Wars DVDs and they both work on a region 2 player hacked to region 0.

3. Deadfett

Deadfett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Most players can be "hacked" to play all regions, if you pm the make and model i'd be happy to see if i can help:popcorn 

4. capellamusic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I know that a region 0 player can play any region, but my DVD drive is region 2, that's why I said I can only play region 2 and 0 DVDs.

So, I can hack my DVD drive on my computer to read DVDs from all regions? I never tried that before, thanks to both for the tip, I'm going to take a look into that before doing anything (hacking it and/or buy the DVDs).

5. Swoop

Swoop Well-Known Member

Anyone who doesn't have a multi-region DVD player in 2009 should be ashamed of themselves! :tongue: 

6. capellamusic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :gen069: