I need help with a Machinima

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by optimegatron, Mar 21, 2012.

1. optimegatron

optimegatron Not over, not finished.

News Credits:
    Hello. So I was thinking the other day "Hell, I think it's a cool idea to try making a Machinima, just for fun!" And no, I'm NOT here to ask for a cast (Feel free to ask if you wanna join) I'm actually asking for suggestions. Which game should I use, which tone should it have etc. It has to be a game that's either for the PC or PS3. So halo 3-reach are out of the question.
    EDIT: Also, forgot to mention, I'm thinking about a Machinima in the form of a series/miniseries.

2. thecollector

thecollector Fluffernutter Admirer

Well what type of machinima are you planning on doing?

3. optimegatron

News Credits:
    Good question. I'm kinda stuck between the random comedy, where every episode is short, and focuses mostly about being funny, or go a bit deeper with a plot of some kind.

4. optimegatron

News Credits:
    Also, forgot to mention, I'm thinking about a Machinima in the form of a series/miniseries.

5. optimegatron

News Credits:
    B.U.M.P

6. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

You're basically asking people to set up a story for you. If you want to be creative, you're going to have to make some choices, and take some risks. Consider the games that you have and enjoy; from there, you may spring off and find things about those games that can be humorous. If you really want to get invested in a project like this, I recommend buying Garry's Mod on Steam. Many people use it as a versatile tool to make stop-motion videos, and it frequently dips to $2.50.
    Again, a project like this can only be as good as you decide to make it.

7. optimegatron

News Credits:
    No, I'm actually asking you to advise me which game I should use for it. But yeah, I see your point.

8. Ranger Silver 6

Ranger Silver 6 Avatar by Pinpoint

I have helped make machinimas before. Any game can make a good video. You need to hide the HUD for best effect. I used minecraft because it is easy to use, build sets with and you can easily find people to help. I would suggest not going with the best graphics, look for something that has a certain charm. I don't know how to explain what I mean by that. I am in no way an exxpert, but I hope I was helpful.