I need help - VOTOMS related...

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Razorclaw, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

I'm in the midst of watching VOTOMS right now, so i caught a small collecting bug concerning VOTOMS figures. I've been browsing the ebay in the last few days, and I've found some figures I'm interested in.

Figures in question are the round mover and parachute sack figures from Kaiyodo Xebec (or is it Xebex) line, and the CM's Sunrise Vorct and Rane customs. I would like to know the overall quality of these figures and how they compare to each other, basicly which ones would be a better purchase.

2. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm so out of touch with Scopedog figures so I will do my best to help you. I'm not familar with the brands you listed and it would be good if you provided links.

The only scope dog toys I had were the large ones from Yamato. They are huge - more than 12 inches tall.

The only other line I collected was from Max factory. As action figures they looked amazing and the articulation was decent. The figures were around 5 inched tall. The best thing about the line is they had a good range of mecha. A drawback - the figures can't go into their "famous" docking mode. I had Scopedog, custom scope dog, Brutish dog etc.

Here's a link I found on ebay for you:

eBay.com.sg: Armored Trooper Votoms Scopedog Action Figure (item 120482829381 end time Mar 14, 2011 16:36:00 SGT)

I believe there was a scopedog thread on these boards also.

*found them:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/toyark/162454-votoms-toys-kits-pic-heavy.html

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/toyark/115582-need-help-scopedog-toys.html

3. Razorclaw

I found this link and some pictures, all for CM's figures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The deal with Kaiyodo figures, is that I could only find pictures on their ebay auction pages. All of the figures I mentioned are 1/35 which is an OK scale for me. Anything bigger would be an overkill right now, I'm not a rabid VOTOMS fan (yet).

4. delta7890

delta7890 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    NOOOOOO!

Stay away from the Xebec stuff. Crap crap quality.

Great VOTOMS toys include:

the Bandai 1/20 model kits
    Yamato 1/12 figures
    Takara Dual Model Zwei 1/18 figures
    Takara's old Dual Model 1/24 figures (somewhat limited leg articulation, but very solid and playable)
    Takara's 1/48 Actic Gears

CM's stuff is of mediocre quality, and I've heard conflicting reports on Max Factory's 35MAX line. Hopefully this helps.

5. Razorclaw

I don't want to spend serious cash on something that might in the end be nothing more than a whim. I think I'll go for the CM's Rane custom for starters.

6. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually the best Votom toy I own is Bandai 1/20 model kit. Its so easy to assemble (all you need is a pair of cutters) and it looks good without paint. Its around 9-10 inches in height?