I need help..The smell, ugh..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SamiWCP, Jun 4, 2007.

1. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

Ok, seriously..I couldn't get myself to put in the title it's CAT URINE!! I got back from GA last week, but even before that, since we had to kick the tenants upstairs out, and they took all their stuff..This over powering smell of cat urine in my basement..I've mopped, thrown rugs out, picked up, moved, trashed lot of stuff, mopped the floor again, used every cleansor I had from bleach to febreeze..But no matter what I do, the smell just stays here..It gets to the point where it makes me sick to even be down here.

Is there something out there, something I can just cover this floor with, that can absorb that odor? I don't see any puddles or urine just sitting there, the floro has stained markings, but we've had plubing/water damage over the winter, so I don't know what it is..But regardles I've mopped it all up previously...

please help:/

2. MikeTSI

MikeTSI The Reclaimer TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    What type of floor is it? Hardwood or concrete?

3. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

Concrete

4. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

I think I used to much bleach this last time..My eyes are starting to sting..

5. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

You should air your room out if you're gonna bleach it. Toxic fumes FTL!

6. FallenWarrior10

FallenWarrior10 Crazed clown!

We had a similar problem not to long ago. Our cat contantly peed in the corner of our basement carpet. The only thing that seemed to help was to put liberal amounts of baking soda over the where the cat did it's business, wait a couple of days, and vacuum it up, and repeated the process until the odor was gone. This may take a while, but it was the only thing that worked. I wish you the best of luck.

7. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Get a cat with better smelling urine to re-mark all the spots.

8. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    The thread title, combined with the original poster, had me LOLing for a minute. Boy, I've got a dirty mind.

9. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    :lolol 

10. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

Yes well I've got a dirty floor, so..

But yeah, I just dropped a whole box of this baking soda animal odor eliminating powder, and thats a stronger smell than the bleach, time for me to move onto more ventilated areas..

11. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

Are you sure you've found all the peed upon areas? Cats can get into some weird places and, of course, pee the hell out of it.

12. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Well at least i got one laugh.

And think of the bright side. You could bve living in Jersey where it smells like that everywhere all the time.

13. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Baking Soda can work wonders, but you've definately got to hit everything. Another thing to try would be to buy a pet stain cleaner, and douse the concrete with it. Hopefully you'll get enough enzyme action to break the odor causing particles. And if that doesn't work, get good ventilation and bleach the hell out of it.

14. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There is special paint for floors that will seal off the smell. I don't know if it works on concrete though.

15. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

My bands old practice space was a old storage building with Concrete floors. We'd have mad amounts of people out there sometimes drinking and such and no bathrooms. There was some woods right next to it and I mean most people know to piss in the dirt. Well peeps of mad drunkeness pissed on the concrete, in the corner in the hot summer sun every other night. The smell was overwhelming all the time and this is Human Urine. Soapy water and car cleaning soap worked like the best, im tellin you, get some car soap and mop it up. You have to mop to soak up the water. It will leave you a better smell and the fumes wont knock you out. Or you could just use amonia, but with all the bleach you would probally kill yourself. This is a proven method from a expert.

16. MikeTSI

MikeTSI The Reclaimer TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I would say do the baking soda thing and then put some concrete sealer over the floor. But the baking soda should do the trick.

Oh yeah, my wife said to try Pine Sol.

Mike

17. Turbocharger

Turbocharger We should get more letter

I wonder if there's enough ammonia in the cat piss to react with the bleach. If so, you may want to stay far away from your house for a while.

Let me know if it reacts or not.

18. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, I was about to recomend vinegar and water.

19. betetta

betetta guitar face

all can i say is good luck, and if you find whatever that works to remove that smell from concrete please post it, my cat peed somewhere in a new bathroom i was building in my house months ago and the damn smell just won't go away!! i can't even start puting the tiles for the walls and floor because of that.

20. theLostSeeker

theLostSeeker Well-Known Member

Cat problems?
    All you need is an old disposable bag, a hammer or baseball bat, and patience to get said cat inside said old disposable bag. Hammer time!
    That always works unless you're cold hearted enough to just snap its neck.

Don't take my word for it, though, I hate cats. :p