I need help on a price for a G1 MIB Shockwave

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Commtech, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Commtech

Commtech Voice Over Bot

News Credits:
    Hey guys! I have a question for vintage collectors. I'm being offered a G1 Shockwave sealed, graded AFA 70 for $750. Is that a fair price or is that too much? (Please don't clog this thread with responses like "I would pay retail for it" and useless stuff like that.) Your input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

You might want to check the subgrades, or ask for specifics of what wear is present on the box before you make a final decision, but I'd be inclined to say it's a fair or better price.

70 isn't *that* high a grade... however since Shockwave's production run was shorter than most early TFs, and it's a large box, finding even a decent sealed example can be tricky.

Mention AFA, and it's just a matter of time still somebody express dissatisfaction with them.

3. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    dissatisfaction

4. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

If I remember correctly, the price guide that I have rated Shockwave MISB at about $250.00. I don't know that I would be willing to pay an extra $500.00 just because it was AFA rated...

5. Commtech

Commtech Voice Over Bot

News Credits:
    Thanks. I have decided to pass on it. The person selling it wants that amount because he paid $300 for grading. I'd rather get one ungraded for less.

6. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It depends on what you plan to do with the G1 Shockwave...if you plan to open him up, the price isn't worth it.