I need help....Looking for games with knights...

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Razorclaw, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

After watching "A Knight's Tale" and reading "A song of Ice and Fire" and the Artesia graphic novels (they're excellent by the way, the best I've read in the last 5 years, after Prince Valiant) I'm hooked on knights in full plate or mail and plate (so were talking about a Hundred Years War period).

I want to know which games have knights for play?? I played Severance: Blade of Darkness and Mount&Blade, now I'm looking for more. I'm interested in games for PC(up to 2004), Genesis, SNES, PSOne, so no XBOX, PS2, PS3, DC, WII and other latest consoles (others I can emulate on my PC).

Mount&Blade BTW is an excellent medieval combat simulator, it has the best mounted (on horse) combat system I've seen. Couching a lance and going full galop into a group of deserters or bandits is so satisfying, especially when your horse and lance get painted red with blood, and when you take down enemies in one stroke. But you have to be extra carefull, because the same can happen to you, or you can get an arrow through your eye.

2. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

King Arthur & the Knights Of Justice-Super Nintendo

3. Razorclaw

Nope, too kiddy for me. I need something more serious like Knights of the Round or a strategy, whatever, as long as it's not for kids.

4. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't remember the name for sure, but there is a game coming out for PS3 360 called Bladestorm, that's a RTS/Action Knights game. I played the Japanese Demo and it looks promising.

5. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Uhh, dunno if LoZ Twilight Princess counts, it has swords and horses, though, and you fight knights/are sorta a knight

6. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

Thats the one by konami in the vein of Dynasty Warriors right?

7. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, a bit prettier and also a bit more strategic in the way you handle your troops.

8. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Defender of the Crown and Medieval - Total War come to mind as far as stratgey games go, athougth they are in earlier parts of the middle ages rather then the 100 years war.

In a looser definition, there is also King Arthur's World on the SNES. Its a sort of Lemmings-esque puzzle game where you use Knights and assorted over individuals to overcome traps to reach the exit of a level.

9. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    This might be just the thing. It seems the game is made by Koei, though, not Konami.

And, while it may be more fantasy based, you might want to check out the Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth II.

10. Razorclaw

Sorry I'm not looking for new gen console games. I'm looking for games for PC and old consoles up to PSOne. My brother played Medieval: Total War. He finished it a couple of times allready, I may have to try it.

And to tell you the truth, I definitely thinking of sitting down and finally start to paint my brother's and mine 1:72 Russian Knights (3 boxes if I recall) and new English Knights (these are AWESOME miniatures, so full of detail, to me they beat WH minis with their proportions - the only downside is they're small and have molded details like heraldic signs etc. so I it's a pain the ass if you want to do different factions).

11. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Well, Im sure this is not exactly what you're looking for, but The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion is a very good game. Its got horses, armor, swords, quests, magic, among other fun things. Might be worth checking out. but note that if you want to get it on the PS3, I would wait a few months until the game of the year edition comes out.

Also, if you tire of all these current gen sissy games that take no skill, we also have Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts on the SNES. This game is particularly manly, because its so fucking hard. In the game you play as a knight off to save the princess who has been kidnapped by a demon. A fun game that is quite a bit more difficult than the average gamer now-a-days is used to.

Also, from what Ive played of Medieval Total War, I would definitely check that out. I really do need to buy that game some day soon.

12. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

MEDIEVAL 2 TOTAL WAR!!! (Large scale RTS combat)
    I say Medieval 2 because it's just the newer one, 1st one is good too.

Stronghold (RTS)

Stronghold, The Crusades (RTS)

Keep your eye open for Assassin's Creed as well, it's set during the Crusades :D 

13. Kid Icarus

Kid Icarus Castlevaniac

This man speaks the truth.

If you're willing to squeak by your own rule set, you could also try it's spiritual successor, "Maximo" on the PS2. If you're not put off by the asthetic, there's also "Rocket Knight Adventures" on Genesis, plus the sequel "Sparkster" on SNES. Not quite what you're looking for, granted, but it fits the overall theme. :sly: 

Oh yeah, and if you enjoy the aforementioned Ghouls 'n' Ghosts, there's an import only collection featuring most of the series on a single disc for the Sega Saturn. I think they made a newer one for the PSP recently too, or was it on DS??

-Pit-

14. Razorclaw

Tried Oblivion. It is a good game, but right now, I'm not that interested in story driven RPGs.

And Mount&Blade has a lot more better battle and horse system. If you use plate armor, you're slow moving, so you have to pump up you athletics skill to be able to move around like in Elder Scrolls. Until that time, riding a horse is a must, but you have to be careful, less they kill it under you.

15. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Umm...Oblivion isn't a story driven RPG. A story driven rpg would be (tripe) like Final Fantasy. TES games are open ended, go where you want/do what you want kinda games.

But I digress.....

Medieval: Total War is a good strategy game, I also second (third?) the recommendation for Super Ghouls and Ghosts....God I hate that game (in a good way).

16. OmegaSaber

OmegaSaber Your buttcheeks is warm

Ebay:
    King of Dragons for SNES, Capcom D&D games for Saturn (CPS2), Dragon Force for Saturn, Guardian Heroes for Saturn...

17. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man, you are being a LITTLE strict about what you want, enough so that I may just say watch some more movies, maybe something like Ivanhoe. For games, MAYBE look into something like King's Field or Lineage.

Oh, man, I have been playing FF games all my life, I am SO glad you took that little jab at it and called it "tripe". I have given up the series thanks to your wisdom filled information.

18. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

YES!

Uh oh...someone bashed FF....a shit storm is coming.

But in NGW's defense, FF has gone down hill after 10. Some people say it's been going down since 8 (I liked 9).