Minor/Repaint: I NEED Help! Is this Classics Ironhide Ver.2.0, Brawn, or Soundwave?PLEASE READ!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by big hank, Oct 25, 2008.

1. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    PLEASE READ !!!!!!!!!

Hey Gang!! Sorry to bother you all with yet another WIP, but I'm actually stuck here! :banghead: 

I lucked out and picked up a couple Classics Ironhides the other day, and man o man what a great figure! HOWEVER, since we Radicons can't leave well enough alone, I have to tear into one of 'em!:lol 

I think the mold is absolutely PERFECT ......for Ratchet! I won't touch him when he is released. But I do believe the short, stout bot-with-a-backpack look is not fitting for one of the toughest, gruffest, bodyguard 'Bots we all know as Ironhide!

Soooo, after TFing him about fifty different ways I came up with a very cool option! Nothing like taking a Classics Deluxe Ironhide and making him as tall as Classics Voyager Prime!! I also found some cool gold chromed Gundam arms in my trusty bucket-o-arms! These have a very squarish, Classics style to them, and I can shoehorn 'em in the SUVs open cavity underneath (AFTER a bit of modding!)

Then it hit me, Why not make him Classics Brawn! We've seen some awesome Brawn customs done in Animated and Movie style, so how 'bout a Classics! I think his new arms would look great with some clear green over them to look like some type of Cybertronian alloy gauntlets for some close up "beat the living tar outta those Decepticreeps" fun! I mean Brawn was the second strongest (behind Prime) from the first wave of G1 Autobots.

OR, should he stay Ironhide? He was Prime's personal bodyguard, and now he sure looks the part! I managed to get rid of the backpack, and still got the window in the chest look (front window, too!).

But is Brawn or Ironhide going to look right staring at Prime toe to toe, optics to optics? This brings me to option three: Soundwave! He's big, boxy, and powerful looking. Hell, I even managed to make the chest window open like Soundwave's chest door!! As I recall, there was some concept art floatin' around of a Classics Soundwave, and guess what? Yep, his alt mode was an SUV!! I think it was Don Figueroa's art, I apologize if I am mistaken! (if someone has a link to the concept art, please link it up!) the downside is my obsessive-compulsive disorder wouldn't allow me to make a Soundwave without making a Laserbeak to fit in his chest!

Don's concept art:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers...ormers-classics-soundwave-concept-art-165030/

My chest door mod:

[​IMG]

"Um, Big Hank.....there's no head." Ah! Glad you noticed! You see, that is depending on which character I do, each one has his own head mod! I won't start any head modding until I know for sure which character I'll be doing!

I love all the ideas, but I won't do all three because it would look weird having three so similar looking Classic Bots!
    So I ask all my fellow Radicons, Who is this guy?
    A) Ironhide
    B) Brawn
    C) Soundwave

I'll let the post go to about 20-25 responses, then tally them up and make the winner!!

Hey! Thanks for taking the time to read all this! All comments welcomed, and BASH ON! O MIGHTY BASHERS!!-----BH

Attached Files:

2. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    so where will the head go if you stick with him in the pics?? i say brawn or skids

3. blue death

blue death TokuNation Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Im with you man weve seen enough movie style Brawns lets see him in Classic style now. Go for Brawn, thats my pic. Im interested in this project no matter what option you go for though.

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think it'd be interesting to see a Soundwave :wink: 

5. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Brawn gets my vote. Tall or not, I'd really like to see him in this form. :) 

6. ultra magnus 14

ultra magnus 14 WRECKER

im going for soundwave because it would be awesome and you could make the gas tank machine gun into his shoulder cannon

7. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    If you could attach more of the roof to the windshield, you might be able to pull off a pretty awesome Trailbreaker.

8. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    that transformation actually screams trailbreaker to me

9. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 Insert clever joke here.

I agree with Storm, Trailbreaker would rock.
    But if i'd choose one of the three options, i'd say Soundwave.
    Because Brawn is a minibot, and is already being released under 25th Anniversary.

10. Mastergeorge

Mastergeorge I should burn my wallet.

News Credits:
    Trailbreaker or soundwave

11. MrMurder

MrMurder Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    my vote goes for soundwave - i love seeing don's work come to "life"

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    soundwave...brawn's kinda obvious....soundwave as a SUV/Truck is hip!!!!!

13. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I love you for doing this... looking at the Ironhide mold, I kept thinking "if only he were taller"...

Brawn = NO
    Unless you can make him shorter and stockier. Part of Brawn's appeal as "second strongest Autobot" was that he wasn't huge, but rather an unassuming tough little bugger. Also, getting the essential yellow touches for Brawn's deco might be hard with this configuration (or lead to a weird looking vehicle mode).

Soundwave = Maybe...
    Intriguing, but I'd rather see an Autobot come out of this. Still a good idea though... someone should do it.

Ironhide = HELL YEAH.
    ol' Ironhide's gotten shafted as far as G1 renditions go, so it'll be nice to make this work for him. Also I don't mind that he's as tall as Prime. He should be a biggish bot (and honestly, I find classics Optimus a bit on the smallish side anyway).

Trailbreaker = Also a good suggestion, and another bot who needs some love. However, I can't shake the idea that a heavily modded Animated Ratchet would make for a better Trailbreaker.

zmog

14. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    My vote goes to Soundwave. I even did a digibash of this mold in his colors a while back, and I wouldn't mind seeing this mold turned into him.

15. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    I'd say Trailbreaker. I've been trying to figure out if this mold will work for Trailbreaker for a couple of days now. I'd love to see someone do it.

16. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
  17. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

We need a REAL Classics Soundwave, so I say go for it, man!

18. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
  19. Kaltorako

Kaltorako Active Member

Soundwave if you could find a cassetticon to fit in there.

20. RedHeadKevin

RedHeadKevin Well-Known Member

I"m currently working on an Ironhide-to-Soundwave mod, but getting paint to cover that red plastic is a beeyotch. I should just wait until Ratchet comes out, and everything's nice and white.