I need help identifying a KO G1 Ratbat.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by juise, Nov 5, 2008.

1. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I need help identifying what may be a KO G1 Ratbat. I have an original that has one ear with gold weapons. I bought a lot of parts that I needed from one of the bigger ebay dealers that included a complete G1 Ratbat with silver weapons.

First off I thought the silver weapon version was rarer then the gold weapon version. If you part out the lot price wise I only paid $25 for Ratbat which would be a steal if its orignial.

The only differences I can see are the cassette stickers and the wing hinge pins. The sticker on my original has a darker purple. It's just hair darker then the plastic. The Sticker on the new one is just a hair lighter then the plastic on the original (platic colors seem to be exactly the same). The sticker on the original is also cut just a little differently. On my original the left circle just barely clears the "T" in "METAL POSITION". On the new one the left circle is cut to the intersection on the "T". The hinge pins on my original seem to be thicker then those on the new one.

Are there any differences with the gold and silver version ratbats or is this KO VS Original, or just original variance? I have a bad feeling the new one is a KO.

My known Original is on the right.
    [​IMG]
    My known Original is on the right.
    [​IMG]

2. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    Outside of being a bit loose, the KO cassettes are really hard to tell from originals when they aren't MOSC; you might find some more info HERE.

3. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
  4. juise

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well based on this pic its a HK.

[​IMG]

You can see that its the same shade and has the same cutting.

5. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    The stickers on that HK version (bottom of the Fred's workshop pic you posted) look completely different than yours. Don't they? Especially how they're cut differently at the bottom.

Since there isn't a KO sticker version, I'm tempted to say yours is real.

6. juise

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hmm thats a good point.

Crap. I like that KO's exist cause they make its easy to fill in missing gaps in collections for cheap, but damn I just wished they marked them as KO's.