I need help again

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Autobot_Wall-E, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

Today is my birthday and I asked my sister to get me a or some Transformers from the ROTF line (I'm broke without a job but I'm only 15 today). She was enthusiatstic about it but she ended up getting me Ultimate Bumblebee. I didn't really want that, but I don't want to make her feel bad. Is it worth keeping U-BB or should I bring it back for some Deluxes and Voyagers?

2. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    I'd take it back. If you wanna take it back but feel bad about it you could always tell her it's broken.

3. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Voyagers and Deluxes. Let her know how much you appreciate the thought and the present.

4. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Although I don't get the hate for UBB, the sheer number of toys you could purchase INSTEAD is enough to warrant thinking about a different choice... especially if you're not thrilled by him.

5. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The fact your sister spent that much money on you is pretty cool. Personally it would be a jerk move to return it

6. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    First, let me say that it's really cool that your sister spent so much money on a Transformer for you. However, UBB really isn't all that great as far as TFs go (unless you really dig the whole animatronics thing and then he might be for you) and the sheer number of deluxes and voyagers that you could get instead of UBB would be the biggest deciding factor for me.

If you're worried about hurting your sister's feelings than just tell her that you heard it wasn't a very good figure on the boards (yes, blame us!) or, if you're less confrontational you could always just tell her that it was broken and you realized you could get more than just UBB when you took him back and have a bigger collection.

7. Seeker24

Seeker24 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Happy Birthday dude! now UM BB is a cool, and its kinda nice of ur sis to pay so much money for a figure. but u can get a bunch of deluxes and voyagers for that money. I dunno if she would get mad if u return it, but maybe u could just tell her the truth and she wont mind.

8. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Tell her it's broken. Trust me, most ethics people would agree that's not a lie. If she seems sad after you return it, show her what you got instead and act super happy. Maybe let her mess around with your haul a while. :) 

9. Big Filipino

Big Filipino John 3:16-17 says it all

News Credits:
    I say express your sincerest gratitude and then ask her if she'd be mad if you exchanged it for some other TF toys you had your eye on. Let her know, that while the UM BB is cool, it doesn't quite fit with the other TF toys you have. But I agree with what everyone else here said. You are blessed to have such a nice sister.

10. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

Yeah I explained to her that I could get a lot of smaller transformers that i want just as much and she said "Ok, mommy bought it anyway" so I was like well ok then.....

11. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Happy birthday to ya! I agree with everyone else; I'd try taking it back. If your sister is cool she'll understand. Just play the "I want more toys game" She'll understand.

12. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    It is better to keep the Ultimate Bumblebee. It is the best figure in the line.

13. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like Ultimate Bumblebee (though I'll never try transforming again after the first time I did it), but yeah you could get multiple figures in his place.

14. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 PlastiqueBoutique.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Dude I'd keep it, I know it's not on the top of a lot of ppls lists for "Best Transformer" but I think it's a dope toy myself. I happily dropped the cash on it when it first came out during movie 1. Sure Hasbro "cheaped out" on some stuff, but it's Hasbro not Takara (lol) and despite some of it's supposed shortcomings I think it's a solid toy... it's a motorized Supreme.

Look at it this way if you're 15 & have no job, when the hell are you going to be able to drop $100 on a single TF for yourself. ROTF is gonna be clogging the shelves for quite some time & you'll have plenty of chances to snag a $10 deluxe here & there until you get all the ones you want but how many chances are you going to get to snag UBB once you spend the money you get from returning it? & to top it all off it was a gift, might not mean much to you now at a teen, but once you get older you'll appreciate the sentimental value of it more too.

That's just my take on it

15. newguy

newguy i

Just remove some gears, and tell her it's broke. Go to the store with her, and claim that the TFs you want are hard to find.

16. The Mad Vulcan

The Mad Vulcan Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I think that you should take your sis to the store to pick out the replacement. Sure it would be better to have a fig that you like. But there is something to be said about a part of your collection that was a gift from your little sis.

Choose a few faves from the store stock and ask her which won you should get. That way the replacement is a gift from her rather than a replacement for the gift from her.

The broke idea is BS.

17. UltraPrime

UltraPrime Lord of Macragge

How old is your sister? That may determine how she reacts...

18. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    Don't take the broken route. Then she would only be interested in seeing you get a replacement that is a fixed one. And, lying to your sister isn't a good move. Be a role model and all that.. even if she is older than you.

I'd take the suggestion someone else here made about having her go with you and pick out replacement figures. Also I'd recommend letting her know that you are sorry you didn't do a good job of letting her know which figures you were interested since you know darn well there are tons to choose from. Her only method of deciding was probably to pick the biggest one because she didn't have any more hints from you to work with. That kind of apology will help soften the return a bit. Even better, don't spend the full return value if you can avoid it, and maybe spend the left over money on something to do to hang out. Like take her to ROTF or something.

How old is she?

19. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol  you guys totally missed his reply. Looks like he already told her

20. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    HA! That's funny. Apparently she is quite a bit younger.