Minor/Repaint: I need destructive ideas!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by AutoCon2076, Jan 6, 2009.

1. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

Heyah! Bodyshop is nearly finished, and before he's completed I want to start another junker. I've decided that Alternators Hound is going to be the next official member of The Damnaged. I wanted a sub-group name that sounded like a combination between a Junkion and a street racing team. That's what I came up with, and I like it.

Hound is going to be the parts-jockey of the group. Everyone needs a parts hauler and he's the right guy for the job I think. However, I'd like your opinions as to what kind of damage this Wrangler should have. I'm already thinking of adding real rust to certain spots, but I want some opinions. Also...has anyone every removed the rear seat from the Wrangler Alternators? I havent taken out the only screw I see yet, but I've a feeling there's more to it...

~Z

Note: The pictured Hound figure was my drybrush practice victim; he's also the upcoming project. Please ignore my horrible drybrush practice effort.

Attached Files:

2. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Chicks dig the Mutt!

News Credits:
    Broken tailgate, busted windshield, maybe cut one of the window frames off. Or just lose a door altogether...

Yeah, I've just wound up masking the rear seats off and painting around them.

3. AutoCon2076

I'm gonna try the cracked glass trick once I get more practice on the cd cases. Removing the backseat is a big thing for this; I need that extra space for uh, something. Yeah - I don't wannt reveal all of my ideas at once, but if *anyone* has gotten that seat out please tell us how.

~Z

4. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Chicks dig the Mutt!

News Credits:
    Arguably, if you don't plan on ever seeing those seats again, you could just cut them out.

5. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    how about popping off a headlight and having a couple wires dangling out

destroy one of the front fenders

cut the window frame off one of the doors, or melt it a little for warpness same with the rollbars

6. AutoCon2076

So far I've got these ideas:

Shatter windshield
    Remove backseat
    Rockcrawler Bumper (buhbye stock)

The headlight idea is always a win, but it's also the most commonly done. So far that custom rockcrawler bumper is gonna be a bit 'off' once installed. Im just gonna check the scrapyard for Wranglers and base my damage off of there. Though by all means please keep the ideas coming! Someone might suggest that just-right mod that I couldn't think of.

~Z

7. roadblaster

roadblaster Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    perhaps lose the hood??
    THe arms mean it wouldn't be too missed in jeep mode and you could rig up a bit of styrene on a hinge to flip up from behind the grille to fill some of the gap in bot mode. maybe but some bullet holes in it too???
    A bit drastic, I know, but I think you could pull it off.

Thinking about it, I might do it for my beachcomber. (minus the bullet holes!!!)

8. Cycrolus

Cycrolus Herald of Primus

Ebay:
    Dude go full redneck on him! Cut off the rollbars and the windshield. Give it some mud all over even inside. Tires hangin off the side with rope, no doors....... oh man I'm gonna have to go make this myself!

9. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Give his arms deep scratches

Scratch up the grill

Make one of the tail lights missing half of the cover

Give the upper legs some exposed circuitry

that's all I can come up with right now...

10. Ptitvite

Ptitvite Construction worker

Take him appart. Remove metal parts (pins and screws).
    Use a soft thin brush and put some small drops and lines on the plastic using silver paint.
    Put the parts on a glass plate in micro-wave for 5 seconds (make sure you have a cup of water inside the micro-wave)
    The silver paint should make sparks that will melt a small portions of the plastic.
    Seriously...I just made that up but I'm curious to know as it has good probabilities of working...

11. luke4

luke4 crocon

take a gun to him and then pour gas on him and drop a match and put the fire out quickly. :) 

this sounds like its going to be very cool. my friend would love you if you light him on fire though.