I need collectors advice

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by entITy, Jan 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. entITy

entITy G 1

My friend has a bin of Omega Supreme mint with box and works, Trypticon missing some pieces but mainlt complete works too, Fort Max mint no box and 75 micromasters and regular g1 figures...he is asking $500 for bin/box. Is it worth it for me, a rookie collector ?

With all the re issues im skeptical about buying these 1985 figures in the sense I know there from 1985 era but re issues are bring g1 value down yes?

2. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    If the Fort Max is G1 and truly complete (including Spike) then that alone is worth the $500, everything else is gravy. Fort MAx will never be reissued in North America because it can not pass the "drop test", this was learned during RID.

3. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah. If it were me, I'd also want to know the condition of the other figures too.

4. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Like Transbot90210 said, if Fort Max is indeed complete, it's well worth it.

5. entITy

entITy G 1

Ok thanks guys

6. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

Yeah Tranbot is right.

7. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    Nah, totally not worth the money, and as a "rookie" collector it's worth you skipping. But as I'ma nice guy I'll buy it off your friend to help him out for the $500.

;) 

Haha, kidding, sounds like a good deal, heck, 75 mixed G1 Transformers would probably be worth the $500 depending on the condition. It sounds like this is the perfect starting point for a less experienced G1 collector, because the chance are you will need everything in it. Good luck, and post pictures when you get it.

8. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    That's actually a great deal man!

Like everyone has stated, just Fort Max itself is a fortune. A few months ago, I had stopped by my local Toy/Hobby Shop and they had a Fort Max complete.. Price check = $800.

9. Starfire22

Starfire22 Zoot Suit Riot

News Credits:
    Chances are there wont be a reissue of Fort max, and if its complete/ near complete, and if its in great condition then yes its worth it.

10. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I remember there was a rumor of a KO Fort Max a little while back, but who knows what's going on with that.

Inspect the figures closely and if they're all legit and in good shape, it's a great deal.

11. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Gee, that sounds like a great deal.

12. entITy

entITy G 1

Thank you for help guys. I just thought Fort Max worth went down because of G Max molds.

Also I see in bin/box he has Hot Rod, Prime, Bumblebee, and 75 other g1 guys like maybe 5 early gobots but rest are TF like seaspray, red tank guy, red plane guy, erector lol.

Since there is no boxes, are they worth anything?

I dunno if buying all this is $500 is worth spending now a days but i think i will.

Yes when I buy I will take pictures. Where else can I post pictures besides this thread?

13. entITy

entITy G 1

Also there are 2 reasons I am collecting. I had a box of 1980s, 1990s baseball cards folders with 1,000s of cards to give to my son but the card market is bad now. For instance my 1989 Ken Griffy Jr card was worth $100 now its $1. So are TF victim to same worth loss as other hobbies?

Luckily stuck in folder was g1 cliffjumper, so my son was more interested in that. So I will buy g1 1985-1987 figurs and any extras like seaspray or Ultra Magnus lol I will let him play with.

Second reason is I quite smoking. So I need a new hobby, but being so old I think It's embarrassing a little having toys as collectibles. However TF figures are cool, very under rated engineered figures and seem to be steady worth. But all these re-issues like literally there are Omega Supreme re issues etc isnt that dropping 1985 figures worth?

14. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I do not think the KO Max is done yet... last I heard they were rubbing their chins deciding if it was worth making it identical or half size.

15. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Fort max, 75 other g1 guys for 500. If they are in good shape then they are worth the money. You can tell that much just from looking at completed ebay prices.

*Chuckle* at your signature. Probably not a good idea to be sarcastic with the staff.

16. entITy

entITy G 1

Well i just meant Fort Max brother Gran Max, same toy different colors. Isnt that dropping g1 Fort Max worth? There are like so many B Max G Max F Max out there but your saying g1 F Max is still valuable yes? Mint $500 or more? Not sure If I will get it if theres now sooo many k.o. as well as re molds like G Max of it all over the place.

17. entITy

entITy G 1

Thank you wolfe. But I am baffled why they erased my sig in first place, it was under 500 x 300 earlier today after I initially had it huge and people here ratted me out to mods. This is the 3rd time I resized it. Hopefully they dont erase it again.

I have no problem with staff or members though.

18. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Grand Max, Brave Max and Fort Max are all valuable figures. Theres no reason to turn down such a great deal for valuable toys (if they are in great shape) unless you cannot afford it or just don't wish to collect g1. Check completed ebay auctions to get an idea of how good of a deal it is.

19. entITy

entITy G 1

Yeah but there is no box and it doesnt look like theres many stickers on it. However its mint.
    I dont use ebay...I will only buy from others where I can inspect everything before I buy...there are alot of liars on ebay and rip off artists.

20. ^o^CORVUS^o^

^o^CORVUS^o^ You call on me to solve a crooked rhyme

Ebay:
    No, the presence of Brave Max has not really put much of a dent in Fort Max's value. Complete, out-of-box Fort Max figures routinely sell for over $900.00 on eBay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.