I need beer.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mineraljane, Oct 14, 2007.

1. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    I don't know if this is cool to ask for on this board, but my GF and I kind of fell hard for Dale's Pale Ale out of Colorado. Unfortunately they don't sell it in Oregon, and online shipping seems a bit steep. Anyone willing to help out? Please bear in mind that it is 1:30 in the morning Pacific time and the Red Sox were crushed earlier. That's my excuse.

2. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    Not sure but aint there a law about transporting beer over a state line or even mailing it? Scenes from Days of Thunder come back to me now!! Great Memories.

3. mineraljane

News Credits:
    Days of Thunder? Smokey and the Bandit! That said, liquids can be sent freely as gifts from person to person. I would pay extra, though, if it was delivered via Trans Am.

4. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I know there are Beer Of The Month clubs that mail beer to you--not sure how laws work with that.

5. mineraljane

News Credits:
    Portland, OR is one of the mecca's of beer, but this Dale's stuff, it's pretty necessary around my home. Beer of the month will surely disappoint.

6. Prowl_Delta_31

News Credits:
    Yeah I get the "Beer of the Month" club thing. They are a business that more than likley has a permit to sell in the state they are shipping. As far as the normal person you can serve time for this. I say this as only the law in the state of Alabama so check the state laws but here it falls under code 28-1 and 28-3A.

7. Destroyer

Destroyer Destruction to all

Does that mean you are in a dry county?There are alot of counties were you can't have anything but beer and wine coolers.So in this you get your illegal moonshine runners and all.My uncle lives in TN were if you get caught with anything above a certian amount of alcohol you get criminal charges.I've visited there not enough officers to cover the whole county because everything is so spread out.You get your crazy moonshiners blocking off roads untill they get all there goods moved.They'll shoot warning shots at you and everything else.Crazy places still in the U.S.My uncle calls it the sticks.

8. mineraljane

News Credits:
    I send beer to many, many friends. There is too much here to not share! That's illegal? I know my father lives in a more restrictive town in Georgia, but I send him some locally produced wine and whiskey frequently. I suppose as long as it's not a business, it's OK. That said, Dale's Pale Ale. Please send it to me. I'll pay.

9. Prowl_Delta_31

News Credits:
    If its a dry county unless you are a soldier active or retired you cant have it at all.
    I know what your talking about when it comes to moon shiners I live about 1 mile from the TN state line and yes we are in the sticks.

10. mineraljane

News Credits:
    You cannot have it at all? They do realize that Prohibition was repealed, right? Goodness.

11. Prowl_Delta_31

News Credits:
    I'm sorry I was trying to say sell at all but you can have it at your house for personel consumption.

12. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    american laws , they never stop to amazes me.

Sweden works like this. You can have as much as you want in your house/appartment, there is no limit. The limit is though when importing from Germany and Denmark ( the 2 most common due to cheap booze) BUt you cna always go back and forth as much as you want.

Never really understood either how the american way is , why can you drive at 16 but cant buy booze untill your 21 ?? dosent this just scream drunken teenegers driving ?

Sweden has driving and buying alcohol in clubs/bars at 18 but to go to the liqour store you have to be 20.

13. mineraljane

News Credits:
    Not to mention, go to war and vote at 18.

As an aside, I have a philosophy professor from Finland and he occasionally has fun at the expense of Swedes. Is there some sort of animosity I'm not privy to between the two countries?

14. drippy

drippy Well-Known Member

It's illegal to ship alcohol via USPS.

It's not allowed via FedEx, UPS and DHL. Probably illegal as well due to alcohol licensing restrictions already mentioned in the thread.

However, homebrewers ship beer all the time via non-USPS method. Generally it's packed extremely well and when asked as to the nature of the contents, the reply is "yeast samples" or "glassware" or "ebay purchases" or "gifts" etc.

I've never tried it myself, but will in the near future as I start entering homebrew competitions.

Unfortunately due to the weight, shipping beer, regardless of whether or not you get it from an online store, is going to be pricey. You can perhaps cut down on these stores tremendous markups by getting to know some homebrewers who may take pity on you and help you out.

http://www.tastybrew.com/forum/

15. Random Autobot

Random Autobot Soviet Kanukistani

Dude, Swedes and Finns hate each other.

16. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Are you really desperate why not go to a bar?

17. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

If it's just a small Colorado brew, it's likely they might not have it.

Fat Tire is huge in Colorado, but it's hard to find in a lot of eastern states.

I've never heard of Dale's Pale Ale, but I'll keep an eye out of it next time I'm at the liquor store.

18. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Leader Blackout LIVES!!!

News Credits:
    yes but there are dry counties where it cannot be sold. Point in case: I use to live about 15 miles from Prowl's area. Lynchburg, TN, is a short drive across the Tennessee/Alabama state line, and is also the home of Jack Daniels. However, the county of Lynchburg is dry. So even though the liquor can be produced in Lynchburg, it has to be shipped out to another county for warehousing and wholesale distribution. Funny, huh?

19. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Try a Liquor Outlet or something, they always have import

20. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

those feds always throw a bitch fit whenever they can't cut the little guy for cash on something like this.

me i send beer to my friends and relatives all the time on the holiday, thing is though i actually do it in person.
    to be quite honest though i literally could care less what the feds and state agents say on the matter