I need advise for love

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Minh'T, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Minh'T

Minh'T Descendant of Primus

Facebook:
    Ok there's a girl she used to be my girlfriend. We got seperated to different school (we didn't break up). And now i met her on facebook again and we about to see eachother again and she's really pretty now. But i haven't met her for 4 years i really want to start over with her. And i only know a little bit about girl, i don't know much about how to impress them or what they like and sometime i don't know what to say in front of them so i need some advise.

2. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

First piece of advice, don't go posting pics of her on the internet.

Just saying...

3. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Shes pretty now? Is that the only reason you want be back with her because as you said you dont know much about her
    Heres my advice like a person for whats on the inside (which requires you knowing stuff about her)
    And dont just go back with her because she is pretty now OR because she is comfortable and familiar (those end up as really great friendships not relationships)

4. Siren Queen

Siren Queen Blackarachnia Drone

tell her how you feel i know you good at that

5. Minh'T

Facebook:
    no i love her for who she is i will never love anyone for what she looked like even if she's very beautiful. And we didn't break up we got seperated. I just always feel shy and don't know what to do when i talk to some one i like

6. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    stay calm and relaxed and just be yourself, don't try to impress. let things happen naturally, try to have fun and have good and conversation. if something is truly there it will happen.

7. TWINTURBO

TWINTURBO Mandiprime97's badass :)

Take it slow and be your self, if it is meant to be then it will all work out.

8. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    2 things:
    1.) guys would dump their girlfreinds in a heartbeat if certain babes showed up at their door and were in the mood, so what you say there may be true, but it is by default hard to believe entirely.

2.) why the hell would you be shy with your own girlfriend? you didn't break up, so you are still best friends. you've done the hard part already- catching her the first time- so drop the shyness and go back to what you were doing.

if i acted like you with all my friends, i'd never have friends. um, you like moved away, so i gotta like start our friendship all over again...um, what? why?

just say, hi, and pick up where you left off.

9. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This pretty much sums it up. If you can't think of anything to say, ask her questions about herself. It not only shows you're interested in her, but if you listen, you can likely find common ground you can talk about, common interests and such, and you can talk about that.

10. Minh'T

Facebook:
    Well it have been along time and lot of thing could change and i always shy when i talk to some one i like but i think i should take this advise.

11. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    So let me get this straight. You were in a relationship 4 years ago with her, but you only know a little bit about her? Or you don't know much about what she's like NOW? Because I don't think she counts as your girlfriend if you didn't really know her.

If you've been separated for 4 years and haven't seen or talked to eachother, you broke up. Whether it was a formal, stated break-up or not, you broke up. That's a long time and people can change dramatically in that time, especially at your age. What's most troubling is that you seem to be most interested in how she looks now, as opposed to how she's changed as a person.

Honestly? The best thing you can do is be yourself, try and catch up, and go from there. If the spark is still there, maybe it'll work out, but you could both be completely different and incompatible from what you were 4 years ago, so under no circumstances feel like either of you is obligated to the other.

12. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    She doesn't look like the kind who swallows. You're better off not wasting your time.

13. Minh'T

Facebook:
    Yeah she is my gf but i dunno much about her because we was very young then. And we are grown up now i just afraid like she won't except me now or something like that. And i like her from who she is even if it has been 4 year now.

14. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I read the OP in shia's voice, hehe.

Good luck d00d! Yoo can doo eet!

15. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Like I said, if you haven't had contact in 4 years, she is no longer your girlfriend.

How do you know you like her for who she is, and not for who she WAS? It's important to realize she has likely changed significantly over these 4 years, and not just in appearance. It's entirely possible that now that you are both grown up, she won't feel the same connection to you she did when you were young. All you can do is be who you are now, let things run their course, and accept what happens.

16. AutobotMaximal

AutobotMaximal Covert Collector

Well, people don't completely grow up in 4 years. If anything is true, it's that.

17. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    It's been four years, and you seem more interested in her looks than her. Just move on.

18. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I echo the thoughts of most replies here.

First, asking advice on the internet, especially this site, about love, isn't the most wise decision. You will get some good advice, laced with some bad ones as well.

Second, as you get older, you will recognize that, personality and character, are absolutely, incredibly, more important than "hotness" of a person. You may disagree right now, but that's ok, you will come to understand one way or another, I think.

From your answers, I think you may want to think about, what is it that you truly want in a relationship, before diving into it. Diving into a relationship can result in extra commitment that you may not want or are able to handle, and may result in hurting both parties more at the end. So think carefully.

19. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    I think he was trying to say that he doesn't know much about girls in general, not that he doesn't know much about her.

My advice to OP:

"Be yourself" is too damn ambiguous to be good advice. For some people this will work out wonderfully, for others it will result in unwanted lonliness.

Don't be yourself, be a more confident and satisfied version of you. Even if things don't work out with her, you'll feel great if you can incorporate those things into how you present yourself. You won't care as much when you can't get what you want, you'll be satisfied anyway, and your chances of getting what you want will be much higher simply because you'll have an expectation that things will go your way in the first place.

Now, how do you become more confident and satisfied? Easy. Just relax and only focus on what you are doing in the present. Worrying is for when you are alone.

20. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Be an asshole. Girls love assholes. Be like one of those guys from "The Jersey Shore."