I need a new Verizon cell

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by honestgabe, Jun 6, 2007.

1. honestgabe

honestgabe I

The Chocolate has constantly been giving me problems. I've already had it replaced twice and today the earpiece died on me so I can only hear my conversations through the speaker phone, lame.

Anyway, usually if you have enough problems with a phone you can exchange it with an other model. I think I can cause enough of a scene to get my way, soooo I've been looking. I'm debating between the LG VX8600 or the Samsung SCH-u740.

2. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

That's a tough call. Both are really good and come highly rated by cnet. I say go with the Samsung. The qwerty keyboard is an excellent feature, regardless if you do a lot of texting or not.

3. honestgabe

honestgabe I

I was leaning more towards the Samsung. I've never had one. I was also looking into the LG enV. That has a pretty nice qwerty key board too...but I haven't seen it in person, it kind of looks a little bulky for my taste

4. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

I say the samsung is your best bet. While the enV is good, the external display on it is virtually useless. Consider that, plus it's bulkiness and the samsung looks better, imo.

5. soundwave-maker

soundwave-maker Well-Known Member

the "chocolate" has got to be the worst phone ever.

6. Turbocharger

Turbocharger We should get more letter

I have the u740. I must say, it's freaking awesome. Texting is cool with the keyboard, calls sound good, it does pretty much everything you could want in a phone. I didn't say it does them great. But it does do them. You could either get a phone that does one thing great, or one that does a lot of things pretty well. Your call.

7. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

I have the Samsung u740 as well. It's awesome, and I love this qwerty keyboard.

You won't be disappointed.

8. X-BRAWN81

X-BRAWN81 Survived Huriicane Dolly

I don't know about you but I'd go with the LG VX8300. I'm currently using it and have not had a single problem with it. Sucker is built like a tank. Since you're set for either the two you have there I'd go with the Samsung, the en-v is too bulky.

My next purchase though will be this one:

Verizon Wireless G'zOne Type-V