I need a Media Convertor

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Ghost Prime, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

Ok so i have tried mediaconvertor.org and afew odd others but they dont seem to download the type of files im after.

Im basically watching Anime/Manga and want to download them but there on torriant type sites were i can watch the files on the current websites but i cant seem to download them from the sites.... so basiclly im looking for a Media Convertor that can download the files and convert them into MPEGs/AVI type files.

Anyone got any good Media Convertors or know which is the best one to use?

2. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You may not get an answer to this.
    the Powers That Be here don't really endorse or condone the Torrent stuff and/or snatching vids from sites like you are suggesting.

In before lock, i may be thinking.

:locked2: 

but i admit, i hate the plethora of media file types and the complicated processes needed to just watch.
    OGG
    OGM
    MKV....
    dual audio tracks cause WMP to act wonky.
    And movies with subtitles are a chore.

I stick to Youtube if i can. just watch stuff there and be legit about it.

3. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

youtube DOESNT have complete manga series on it tho. sorry i dont like watching 5 mins of a video with a water mark on it only to then look for several minutes for the 2nd part and then to even see if its ALL there at all

i dont personally see what the problem is with torrent sites. i mean when you think about it veoh and youtube are essentially torrent sites... ive seen channels on these sites with whole episodes of some things off tv...so what makes them so special then?

all im asking for is if anyone knows a decent media convertor online i can use. im hardly asking for someones bank details or anything like that

4. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

there's a browser plug in that lets you save youtube clips i think. if you're looking for a media player, VLC plays almost anything out of the box.

5. tentagil

tentagil Well-Known Member

Big difference between streaming video which is what YouTube does and a torrent. And though even streaming may not be completely legit since they are getting ad profits from the pages, the torrents are pirating, plain and simple. I admit I use torrents on occasion as well, but the admins and mods on this site do their best to stay away from such things in an official capacity since this site has gotten Hasbro patronage/sponsorship at times.

6. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

You can talk about torrents etc. all day long, the minute anyone links to any is when I get the banhammer out.

7. adamthered

adamthered Reads comics. Starts shit

News Credits:
    Converting MKVs to avi/mpeg can be a real pain in the ass. You have to go through a bunch of steps that sometimes consist of converting the video file, converting the audio file, extracting the subtitle track and then combining everything back together again in the new format.

You'd be better off downloading CCCP and their codecs/media players so you can watch the video files that way. It will save you both time and the massive headache you're going to get converting.

Also, if your looking to convert these types of files to DVD, there is a great program called "CovertXtoDVD." Since you're already torrenting just look for a copy of it on a torrent site and grab it from there. It converts pretty much everthing (though I have had trouble with it and old RM files but hey, obtaining the early works of one Sora Aoi is worth the energy to make it work ;)  )to DVD ready files and will burn them straight to disk after the conversion is done. Very handy-dandy.

8. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

i use this to convert video formats: SUPER .

it converts anything to anything. it's great.

9. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

the banhammer? come on twin twist this is just bullshit, the whole point about the internet is ment to be freedom. The second you get these idiots telling you what you can and cant do over it is just retarded. you might as well ask someone if you can use the toilet everytime you need it

im just after a media convertor because i need to download some videos and if its ok to do it for youtube and the like which are basically torrent sites but with a different name...well then...well im guessing you see the point im making

either way im asking for a media convertor, not a torrent link. so basically its OK to link me a site to a media convertor site because theres no rules against that, i checked :p 

10. oddsey

oddsey Fuzzy Wuzzy was a woman?

News Credits:
    Unless they are torrents of animated episodes of course!! ;) 

11. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    3 things.
    1. Talking about torrents here is dodgy. Conversations like that NEVER stay on good ground.
    2. Calling the actions of a moderator retarded is really fucking stupid.
    3. Daniusoft Media Converter Pro seems to convert everything I throw at it well.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
  12. McBradders

You agreed to abide by our rules when you signed up here. Your ideaology of the internet is about 20 years out of date.

Wow, I am almost at a loss for words that you did some research off your own back. That in and of itself is a goddamn miracle.

Also nobody said you were breaking the rules. But thanks for pointing it out.

13. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

no im saying its kinda wrong to threaten the normal people on here who just ask for advice. its NOT wrong to link me to a site that can help me convert stuff online but it IS wrong however for someone to link me to torrent sites which i completely understand.

im just saying its kinda dumb because the whole point of the net is about freedom and thats NOT 20years out of date. its just you get some arseholes in suits telling you what you can and cant do now because THEY want to screw YOU and make a profit off YOUR back. The whole point of freedom is that you fight for it and not just let someone tell you what you can and cant do

Thanks for the Help Draven but i need an ONLINE media convertor like Mediaconvertor.org as im downloading DIRECTLY off the net and i cant seem to get the program you linked me to to download directly unless i already have it downloaded

14. McBradders

Terrible grey area.

15. McBradders

Is there an internet bill of rights I am unaware of?

16. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ghost Prime...
    There are things you NEVER do:
    1. Tug on Superman's Cape
    2. Spit into the Wind
    3. take the mask off the old Lone Ranger
    4. and never call a MOD's actions/opinions retarded.

I was a bit fuzzy on the torrents rule, so thanks Twin Twist.
    (maybe Ghost Prime was calling you an idiot savant? LOL.)

If i decide to torrent, i try to look for out of date and obscure material.
    it kinda makes the guilt easier to take.

off to HULU for Airwolf- if they still have it!