I need a laptop

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Foster, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    With my wife and I seperating, I'm moving out and I need a new computer. A laptop makes the most sense for my needs but I've never bought my own PC. I have a budget of $800-1000 and I'm interested in something I can use feasibly for at least the next 3 years. I'm not into serious ubergaming, but I would like to download and burn music and video, watch DVDs, do personal finance and word processing.

I've done about an hour of research on Dell.com as a starting point and want to know other retailers or avenues that might be a better deal. Most of my peeps here are way more computer savvy than I am and I want the best value I can get. Thanks!

2. atlianz

atlianz TFW2005 Supporter

3. honestgabe

honestgabe I

Newegg.com has some pretty nice prices on some good laptops. Just check out the list and check out some reviews.

4. Alpha Omegatron

Alpha Omegatron thread assassin

do you need a new one? You can get an older model for fairly cheap. My wifes friend gave me her old Dell Inspiron with a 2.0 Celeron last week for free. Its not a gaming beast by any means, but its good enough. You might be able to get something real cheap off craigslist or something as long as you buy from someone with a good reputation.

5. honestgabe

honestgabe I

6. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Thanks guys. Gives me plenty of leads.