I need a camera. Help please!!!

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by UltraMarcus28, Mar 12, 2010.

1. UltraMarcus28

UltraMarcus28 Maximal

News Credits:
    question: im going to c2e2 and want to bring a camera. the problem is i need to buy one first lol. i want to get one that has good picture for reviews (also hard drive memory, hd camera if possible). can i get some tips or suggestions? Thanks

PS my budget is 600 dollars or less.

2. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

It's beyond your budget, but get it anyway.

[​IMG]

3. UltraMarcus28

UltraMarcus28 Maximal

News Credits:
    hahahahaha its PERFECT! but i was looking into video cameras, my bad :p 

4. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Welp. I'm sold.

5. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Google 'best cams for under 600' and pick the one with the most stars.

6. koh4711

koh4711 King of Hearts

Ebay:
    Panasonic FZ-35

I highly recommend this camera, and not JUST because my red panda image is one of the first ones that shows up in the images on Amazon.com. It's got an 18x zoom, 12 megapixels, can shoot in HD Video(though, in the interest of full disclosure, not a lot of editing software supports the AVC-HD Lite format it uses), and I think it works great if you're not familiar with cameras, thanks to its Intelligent Auto mode, but it has a pretty broad range of manual controls, if you're inclined to use them.

I've used mine to take pictures of pets and wild animals, kitbashes and stuff in my TF collection, Oklahoma City Thunder basketball games, car shows and even astrophotography, and it works great for all of them. I'll put it this way... I've used my FZ35 to take a picture of JUPITER with no additional equipment. It's incredibly fuzzy, but you can make out the cloud bands and everything. And Panasonic gear, in my experience, is nigh invulnerable. My old DV351 video camera is almost ten years old and still ticking after heavy, heavy use, and the FZ35 has endured a few bumps and jolts, as well as a dog tongue or two. =p

Plus, at under $400, you can afford to get a high capacity memory card and an extra battery or two.

7. marshall dusty

marshall dusty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i'm not too familiar with cameras by their brands and models. but some things to look at.
    it may sound obvious but just saying.

you want to have optical zoom. not digital. digital blows. you want i wold say at least 20x optical or 30. it's what most camcorders have nowadays.

you want optical image stabilization. again digital image stabilization isn't great.

if you get a built in drive, remember that it will be slightly heavier.
    if you get a built in drive, remember that battery life will probably be a little less.
    if you get a built in drive, remember that if you drop your camera, it's possible you can break the harddrive and ruin any data in there.

camcorder with SDHC capabilities will get you better battery life.

a camcorder with SDHC slot (depending on camera) i think nowadays you can find 32gig SDHC cards at about 40 bucks. holds about 2 hours of video.

with these memory cards, you can hold spare cards in your pocket!

HD film quality, i guess you want to look for 1080p of course. something with HDMI (i guess they all would have hdmi connectors since they're Hidef)

well those are my two cents.

8. UltraMarcus28

UltraMarcus28 Maximal

News Credits:
  9. marshall dusty

marshall dusty Well-Known Member

News Credits: