I need a bit of help guys...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kranix2k, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Kranix2k

Kranix2k Spare me this mockery!! TFW2005 Supporter

I dunno if this is the right forum to ask this but here's my plight:

My wife has been a collector of Hasbro's My Little Ponies for 20 years now. Hasbro has went out of their way, successfully I may add, for several years to bring the line back to life. However, even with the success of the new Pony line and many other "retro" lines I believe they are/used to be involved with, the ladies have never had the pleasure of a Hasbro sponsored Convention of the scale we gentlemen have had for GI Joes and Transformers. What I'd like to ask is if anyone knows where I (and several of the adult MLP fans) could open a dialogue with Hasbro on getting some equality for these ladies. I've tried their worthless customer service email, but all I ever get is those form letter replies.

After seeing the latest debacle that the younger, less nostalgic, and generally clueless MLP fans are dreaming up, I really feel compelled to seriously try and make a big push to get Hasbro involved.

2. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

I don't know, but ever thought about contacting Brian Savage about something like this? He seems to know what he's doing. If he's not interested, I'm sure he could point you in the right direction.

3. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

http://www.mylittleponyfair.com/

Let your wife look at this site Kranix2k (I just googled MLP Conventions) so it seems there is a convention for My Little Pony fans like your wife

4. Kranix2k

Kranix2k Spare me this mockery!! TFW2005 Supporter

Thats the "debacle" to which I was referring, Shaun. Unfortunately, their "Fair" is the proverbial "All sound and fury signifying nothing". They tout "Very Special Guests"....which turn out to be people that run a bad fansite (i.e. expect a voice actor or person that was involved in the series and get someone like Hal from Rabid Squirrel). Last year's "exclusive" toy wasnt a remold or a repainted something from Hasbro, it was a toy bought from the shelves en masse with its symbol removed and replaced with a symbol engraved at a local toy shop. Not bad you say? Too bad they didnt have enough money to pay for the engraving and a quantity of the "exclusive" toy wound up being sold on eBay, right out from under the noses of the PREREGISTRANTS that were supposed to get the toy first.

Its a mess. The sad part about is that the girls doing this "Fair" are deluding themselves about how great their little deal is. The funny part is they think they have Hasbro's blessings when in reality most Hasbro reps that fans have talked to play the fair off as some kinda joke. Even worse, if a fan like my wife were to try and complain to the "Fair" people, she'd be flamed to eternity and back. My wife and some other fans she knows are completely disgusted, and I think that a convention on the scale of Botcon is really what they deserve. Does Hasbro not realize the potential of their female base as they do us? I would hope they do!

I will take that suggestion tho, Wierdwolf, and contact Brian. It'll just take me a few days of thinking about it to word a letter properly :lolol  I want to present myself seriously and not as some guy wanting to make his wife happy, or some desperate fan speaking for an equally desperate and frustrated fan.

5. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    It almost sounds like your wife needs to get with a group of the other fans and start their own deal. Just do a small regional show, but do it right and let it build it's own momentum.

6. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

That would me my advice too. Just have your wife get together with those who are disgruntled with the fair to organize their own convention with the Hasbro's blessing. However small the first one may be that least it'd be a start and your wife may even get a say in what the convention exclusive item can be. Good luck.

7. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Maybe you all can get/make a 'starter' booth at Botcon or other Hasbrorific conventions and use that as the seed for something big to grow on. Or on the side

Many bring their girlfriends/wives to those and half of them look really bored :lol 
    A table full of MLP's should brighten their visit up.

I like what Ak said.