I nearly forgot how much fun WFC was...

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by BlueAngel_Bolt, Jun 22, 2011.

1. BlueAngel_Bolt

BlueAngel_Bolt I'M REALLY FEELING IT

News Credits:
    After becoming exceedingly annoyed with DOTM, I had just gone back to war for cybertron. DOTM was almost impossible for me to play because of all of the buggy jumping around I did in almost every match i've played due to bad host connection, or whether it was the annoying 14 year olds who decided to use nobody but shockwave on their team of decepticons. Then unleashing a full on assault on one warrior but in the end he kills all of my team because he's way too overpowered.

When I got back on WFC, I went into a conquest match to try and level up all of my classes (all of them are at 14 or higher), and I was blown away at how much fun I was having. I was getting so frustrated with DOTM and going back to this was like a gift from above. Everything felt more balanced, the hosts connections never glitched up on me, and if you unloaded a full clip on someone, they almost died everytime. Melee attacks ACTUALLY hit! And I finally was able to get back on my 7 kill streak status, where as DOTM, melee attacks never connected for me, and I nigh got a kill because if I was shooting at someone, the seem to disappear to the other end of the map.

All I'm saying is, I'm glad that my rental for DOTM was free, after playing that, then going back to War For Cybertron, it seemed like DOTM was abused problem child of high moon. With that being said, I'm eagerly looking forward to WFC2! I know HMS can make the sequel to an awesome game even better.

2. AngryChad

AngryChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It seems like you aren't alone. I've been playing WfC consistently since its release and lately the online numbers seem to have gotten a bump, likely from people disappointed with DotM. I couldn't be happier, as I had no interest in DotM despite the fact that High Moon developed it.

3. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    WFC is not a bad game, by any means ;)  Now I wanna play it again too!

4. RipCurl

RipCurl I just can't get enough!

News Credits:
    Yea. Playing it the now. CTD and its awesome . enjoying the solider more

5. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I've been playing WfC a bunch lately too. One of the best games I've ever bought.

6. BlueAngel_Bolt

News Credits:
    I hope that high moon decides to have another multiplied EXP weekend here soon, with all who were dissapointed by dark of the moon going back to WFC, you guys think it's possible?

7. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

I can remember people complaining about some of the same stuff pretty incessantly when WFC came out. My point being that it's really just a matter of keeping things in perspective, not blowing stuff out of proportion.

8. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    There used to be around 750 people online around 7:00pm (GMT) but recently I saw over 800 around 4 or 5 pm (GMT). It may seem tiny to other games put it's big enough for me. Like I say you won't play with all 100,000 people so you only need enough to find matches quickly.

9. SentaiRick

SentaiRick Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I have to agree... just finished my second laggy match on DOTM, plus the levels just seem, i dunno, uninspired? went back on WFC (i have both 360 and PS3) and it just felt fun and not like you had to work at it... It's an ok movie tie in (considering the others) , but *shrug* I think WFC is just one big high bar that's hard to skip...

I think when I get through with DOTM and all the achievements/trophies, it's back to Cybertron for me.

10. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    Now I really shouldn't have gotten rid of my copy of the game. :cry 

11. Wheeljack94

Wheeljack94 Autobot Lycan

News Credits:
    i like wfc. the reason why i havent played in a while is because i have new transformers game syndrome fith DOTM.

12. BlueAngel_Bolt

News Credits:
    The thing is, to me, if DOTM's online wasn't so laggy, it would really be a stellar game. I enjoyed going through the campaign mode, even if it was very short. I do remember when WFC came out that the online did bug up on me, but it was extremely rare.

I dunno, I tried DOTM again and again, and when I finally found a good connection seldom bug issues, the connection was lost. >.<

I'm just hoping high moon doesn't go this route for WFC2, I cannot tell you guys how much fun I've been having with WFC, and I'm not even a G1 fan. :p