I musta been bad last year...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kronos, Dec 27, 2005.

1. kronos

kronos PSN = KRONOSX1

News Credits:
    So christmas day comes and im at my families house. We open our gifts and all is well. During dinner I had noticed I was having difficulty eating. we were having a great time and then my mom looks at me and says are you ok? I said yeah why. She said that the right side of my face is drooping a lil bit. Everyone INSTANTLY heads the worst way, Stroke. so my mom runs me to the ER. I sit there 4 hours then a DR comes in (glad its nothing serious :redface2:  ). I told him my symptoms. he runs a quick few tests. then he tells me I have Bells Palsy. Its a traumua to a nerve to my facial muscles. The whole right side is in a word, paralized. I can feel just fine, I just have no muscle control. This sucka major ass. Its hard to eat (can only chew with left side), cant close my right eye all the way(need to use drops so stay sane), and im drooling. The doctor says thats 90% patients fully recover within a year to 18months. That typically 85% recover within 2 weeks. So, thos os what I get for christmas. what I wanna know is who did I piss off?

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Sorry to hear that, but it sounds like you'll be ok.

Did somebody smack you lately? How did this happen?

3. kronos

kronos PSN = KRONOSX1

News Credits:
    the dr said their is no sure way to tell what caused it! it could have been something like an infection thru stress! he even said a bad tooth. I have a dr appointment with an ear nose and throat specialest in a week! I will know more then!

4. Turbocharger

Turbocharger We should get more letter

My 8th grade English teacher (total bitch by the way) had BP. It cleared up in a month or so. I'm sure you'll get better quicker than that though. :D 

5. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I had that about 10 years ago and it almost totally went away with in three weeks. The right corner of my mouth doesn’t come up quite as far when I small and have a slight drop in my right eye lid.

Hopefully yours will go away as quickly as mine did.

6. Dio

Dio Scrapper

When you get better, maybe you'll have the cool Stallone thing going on ;) 

7. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Hope you get better soon dude! Get that cranial nerve 7 workin again!

8. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    If you can't close your right eye all the way, you can get an eyepatch and tell people you are training to be a pirate!

9. soundwave-maker

soundwave-maker Well-Known Member

Man, I totally feel your pain. It does suck. Hopefully it'll go away sooner than later.

I've had the great misfortunate of getting BP 3 times. The doctors told me that the odds of someone getting BP in their lifetime 3 times is slim to none. I'm in a very very small percentage 1.5- 2%.

I got it when I was a kid 9-10 yrs old. Left side of the face. At that time, it went away in about a two week period. Like if someone turned a switch on. BAM! just like that, all my facial muscles worked like if nothing ever happened.

Flash forward to age 26. I got it again. Right side of the face. This time it didn't go away that quickly. I had it for about 6-8 months. I finally got over it, but my right eye still has a slight droop. I got about 97% of my facial muscles on the right side working.

3 to 4 monts later. I got it yet again. Left side again. This time the docs did all kinds of test. They thought their was a chance I might of had some other condition. All tests came back normal, so their only conclusion was that I was part of that rare percentage. It went away in about a month. All my facial muscles on the left side work 100% on the right side about 97%. I still do facial exercises and I do see improvement every once in a while.

You didn't do anythng wrong it's just one of those things. It will go away, just be patient and do not try and force yourself to blink and do things your muscles just won't do. You could make it worst. The actions will come back naturally.

10. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    hope you have a speedy recovery...

11. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My mother-in-law went through that...her face cleared up in a couple of months if I recall...still though, hate to hear it happened.....

12. Neomarsala

Neomarsala Transform and Roll Out

I have a friend that had that. It went away in just a couple weeks. As far as I know his face is 100% fine now. He had an ear infection just before it happened, so we always assumed it might have had something to do with that.

13. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    bummer dude. hope you get better soon.

dont feel bad like you did something wrong. stuff just happens, is all.

14. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    wow, never heard of that condition before, good to see that it sorts itself out though. Hopefully you'll be fine in no time.

15. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    When I worked at a health clinic a patient had that very same thing. Hope for a speedy recovery.

16. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

First time I ever heard of this condition. Hope you recover soon.

17. kronos

kronos PSN = KRONOSX1

News Credits:
    ya know, this really sucks man! I mean its hard as hell eating and im usually a crack up and smiling to big looks goofy. this has really affected me badly. I mean I have this feeling of helplessness and i have become like super self concious. I have been taking the meds and was hoping for a quick recovery, but reading these posts have me convinced I need patience. I was drinking a soda today and spilled some out of the corner of my mouth. I was so embarassed. I guess I will just have to suck it up and just get over it! Thanks for all the kind world all.

18. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

Hey, at least it's not serious or permanent. Funny story along similar lines, our cat chewed on the Christmas tree light cord several years back and managed to paralyze the right side of his mouth. He drooled for a couple weeks.

19. kronos

kronos PSN = KRONOSX1

News Credits:
    As of today I am 99% healed. It was pretty bad. I had trouble adjusting to it. But after 2 weeks I started to notice improvement. and as of today I can smile, eat and drink without drooling, and wink. I guess the worst part was not being able to close my right eye. Constant dryness and constant use of eye drops. I couldnt drive either because I had trouble focusing! But all is cool now, thanks everyone!

20. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    That's great to hear man.