I MUST know more about this game! Black Prophecy

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by DaggersRage, Nov 16, 2011.

1. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Typically when I see the words "MMO Space Combat", a little part of me dies on the inside as it's usually some sort of RPG format with space ships, like EVE Online or Star Trek Online (although I did play STO and was quite impressed).

Then when I see Free-to-Play, another part of me dies too, as they usually stink. To be fair, I have some slight enjoyment out of War Inc, and Global Agenda.

So here's a disaster in the making when I see "F2P MMO Space Combat". Except I look at this game, and the Wing Commander/Freespace fan in me squeals. This game looks amazing, it has you in the cockpit of a starfighter with "twitch" controls, and the missions seem story driven. I must know more about this game! Has anyone touched this?

Does anyone want to touch this? Does anyone want to touch it with me?

Heres the launch trailer
    Black Prophecy: Europe Launch Trailer - YouTube

I must know more about this game.

oh and this is the link for the site. http://blackprophecy.com/

2. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Okay, I dunno if anyone cares too much about this, but I downloaded the game last night to sample the controls, and I'm very impressed! They're smooth, responsive, and carry some weight to them!

You have direct control of you fighter, you can fly by a rather responsive mouse/keyboard combo, or use the joystick. I plan on hooking up my Aces Edge controller to this. Control wise for mouse/keyboard, I can best compare it to Freelancer or X3: Terran Conflict.

The game is quite story driven though, it doesn't feel like a bland "You have a spaceship, you have a galaxy, go expand and do stuff!", there's like a purpose to your actions ya know?

I didnt experience any combat as I was more interested in the flight controls, and they work out beautifully. I highly recommend this title already for anyone who loves their space shooters.