I mowed my lawn

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 3.8TransAM, May 12, 2012.

1. 3.8TransAM

3.8TransAM 1989 Turbo Trans AM

and I wore pants and mighty whiteys, no diapers here.

Anyhow on a more serious note, I did my my lawn. I was amused by my girlfriend on the back deck with a complete WTF look as I was going around in circles.

It's been fight lately to mow due to time/work/weather, so it has been mowed in 3 sections the past 2 weeks until I had time and the weather cooperated with me on Mon.

So me being myself wondered how to mow it this time around.

I started in the back yard and starting near my firepit(understatement of the year if u been there when I lit it lol) and went in an ever increasing circle. I kept it going around the trees and deck and everything else with the exception of the outer edge of the property and the back of the house.

Now when I am on my deck I smile triumphantly while looking at my yard and the nice mowed circles that cover it.

If I could only get all the spot to grow in from the 17.5 semi loads of dirt I spread last year it would be pretty awesome.

Now it has me thinking, what else can I do for amusement while I mow. Debated a Transformers logo or Bot or Con shields in the yard, but lots of detail there which is lacking on a tractor, well at least easily.

Was thinking of other stupid things to do for designs while I mow. I have lots of space that backyard is roughly 1 acre by itself, as is the front, but it has lots more obstacles and trees/drive/well/etc.

PS we needed an amusing thread here.

2. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    I normally just go around the edges & then finish off diagonally, but then again, I don't have much space to work worth with in itself.

Alternatively, what you could do is like, not mow it for 6 years & then clean a maze through the jungle once you finally do. Well either that, or plant them shrubs that're designed for that sort of things. Might be neater, and then you could have a Matrix of Leadership at the centre.

3. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Swastika. Do it.

4. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I ripped the pull cord off my mower today...strong like bull...anyway, after going to Sears for a replacement, the thing wouldn't start. We got our Mexican friend to look at it. Hey, don't look at me like that, the trouble shooting section in English was blank, but was full in Spanish. I guess only Mexicans can work on lawn mowers? :p  Anyway, he got it to work within a minute or two. Damn thing took 6 bags worth in a week and a half. The grass is growing like crazy this season!

5. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If it hasnt covered the path from your driveway to the porch it aint long enough to leave your deck chair mang

Unless the neighbours teenage daughters making with the tan in the yard or summat

6. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I gotta see a pic of what that lawn looks like.

My wife is constantly telling me to do the lawn. I did mine Thursday. My neighbors joke that when I do finally do the lawn, I am out there with a magnifying glass and small scissors.

I am like one of the only peeps in my neighborhood to edge. I think it gives it a nice look overall.

I am boring when it comes to the lawn, horizontally across the lawn, with circles around the tree, The tree ends up looking like a pitching mound in baseball when I am done.

7. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 RLRR LRLL News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    i can't be trusted to mow the lawn anymore :lol . according to my dad, i don't do it right. but as long as i got each part of the front and back lawns, i don't see a problem

8. KayeMinor

KayeMinor Banned

you're so edgy.

9. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    A maze.

10. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Here as well.

Usually after the first few cuts of the season I only do the back yard every other week because of the shade, but I've been cutting both the front and the back every week so far. Additionally the front has been growing like mad, it was quite long with only an exact week of growth. I also seem to have a lot more dandelions then usual too.

I spent 2+ hours last Thursday, weedwacking, using the hedge trimmers to take care of some branches that were getting too long, taking care of some saplings that squirrels must've forgotten about, and mowing the front and back yards (5 bags from the lawnmower; though I let some areas mulch).

Addressing one of the questions about patterns of mowing, I alternate. One week will be an ever shrinking circle and the next will be diagonal rows.

11. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    I'm sure you'll grow into it.

12. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

I don't know, he might not be cut out for it.

13. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I hate lawn-mowing and gardening in general. Such a pointless repetitive waste of time and effort.

When I do have to tackle the 'jungle' I'll mow right up the middle to cut it in half. Then it seems like there's only half a job to do and I can say bollocks to the other half and probably leave it for another day. Then I'll cut the first half down. Or... I'll then cut one half in half again and just do a quarter of the whole lawn. Or... cut that quarter in half and just do an eighth.

I find if I keep doing that the lawn is soon done in one go. I find I have to do crap like that to distract myself from just how boring this kind of stuff is and trick myself so by the time I've done wankering about dividing it up with the mower it's all cut. I do that with a lot of things in my life because - well - the daily grind of life is just so depressingly boring and mundane, so I'll try to make a game out of everything to stop myself bashing my brains out with a brick.

I have no interest in making a nice lawn. I just want a short one. Otherwise the dog gets lost in it. I've tried mowing it every week or two weeks to keep it really short and quicker and easier to do but then that means I have to be out in the garden more often, which is a real no-no. Considering I broke my previous lawnmower by throwing it across the lawn because I hate gardening so much, less time spent working out there is probably safer for everyone.

I miss my old house where I'd put paving everywhere so I had no lawns to twat about with. And I replaced all the hedges with fences and walls. The most gardening I ever had to do there was push a broom around. Bliss!

14. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 RLRR LRLL News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    [​IMG]

15. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    Cutting the lawn is one of the myraid things I hate about Spring/Summer. It's been raining so much in the area I'm going to have a hell of a time this year.

16. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hate mowing my mother's lawn. But I have no choice.

If she had to pay somebody else to do it, then they will ask her why am I not doing it and make me look bad.

17. 3.8TransAM

3.8TransAM 1989 Turbo Trans AM

Mowed today, completely and as simply as possible.

As little turning and bounding as possible due to pulled back.

It was also tall as hell due to work schedule, rain and extra few days due to my back lol

It was flip up the chute time and just let the shit fly everywhere so it didn't clump up.

It came out looking okay, but zero fancy patterns for me this time around, too much twisting for my big ass on a tractor in pain......

If I do it again and get fancy I will take some pics