I miss the masses

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by MechanovaKing, Dec 6, 2011.

1. MechanovaKing

MechanovaKing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    G1 was great
    I loved best wars.
    I loved animated.
    I like prime.
    But the one thing I've thought through all of these.

Is i want more guys.

The newer series are out right: 'Better than G1.'
    But i miss in G1; having episodes that focus on one or two guys and then moved on to an episode that views a bunch of guys then next episode was on the new team.
    I loved the massive feeling G1 had. It's sort of the same feeling i get when watching the old twilight zone. Each episode gives us something new and different to look at while still watching the same thing.
    We wouldn't need to compromise character development for this ether. Look at the Justice League cartoon. Is was random and all over the place but came back to heroes/stories that needed more air time but didn't focus on them all the time.

Anyone else with me on this?

I'm currently praying for more...alot more prime characters.

Attached Files:

2. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Ah right, wasn't really sure what you were asking until the last line of your post.

I would hope the reasons for keeping the cast small in the first season of a CGI show are obvious. I'm sure we'll see lots more new characters in season 2 though. Look at Beast Wars, eventually they were falling over themselves to give us new character models in almost each new episode!

3. Wingnut

Wingnut Stayin' Alive!

Ebay:
    Yes, I agree. There is something about that large group estetic that I like too.

4. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I liked it as a kid, just because I was playing right into what they wanted. Watching as an adult, I kinda prefer the smaller casts, however, 5 main characters is too few. i would prefer 8-9 like Beast Wars. Hopefully in Prime season 2 they'll bring back Wheeljack and some others to stick around

5. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I like having a big universe to play in too, but I think that kind of cast is much better suited to a comic than a tv show, where they can get more of a chance to be developed and shine. The 22-minute format of a TV series has always seemed to move smoother under a small core cast, for me. I'm not going to lie though, I would really like to see a show that moves from one small core cast to another in seemingly independent stories that eventually come together in some overarching plotline.

6. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 I'm actually 16.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I see what you're saying. I kind of miss the masses too as it added fun to the show but that mass disallowed character development and there would be too many characters to try to focus on and that made a few characters not shine at all.

7. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Hitting a balance to where it feels like the characters are developed and having a large cast is a very difficult job. One that I fear many 22 minute To Sell Toys vehicle won't put the effort into.

However, I mostly agree. While I like the small cast shows, I am ready to see a large ensemble again, especially with Transformers.

8. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Yeah, me too.

9. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    Justice League has the advantage that the characters, for the most part, are already fleshed out in their own respective fiction. We don't NEED to develop Superman or Batman any more...they're already pretty developed as is. Justice League can therefore continue on with main line story with a few character specific episodes. Transformers on the other hand, the characters are different from series to series. Prime Wheeljack is nothing like previous Wheeljacks for instance, and because of that you can't just assume people know the character like you can with the JLA. In this case, having a smaller cast is great as it allows the characters to have a lot of development.

I prefer smaller casts myself. I like stories with interesting characters. I like being able to feel for or to associate with some characters via character development, and huge casts like G1 just doesn't allow for that.

10. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Kuphead

News Credits:
    The more, the merrier.