I miss my Beast Wars figures....

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by NGW, Jul 5, 2007.

1. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Just kinda want to semi-rant/vent.

I was a kid back when Beast Wars came out. It is what I grew up on, what got me into Transformers, etc.

Was just going through a bunch of Beast Wars reviews, realized how many of the figures I had...and then another realization. My figures never stayed in one piece. Either from me breaking them accidentally transforming them, or from pieces coming off/being lost from playing with them. Whatever...anyways. A lot of them got lost altogether, some got thrown out.

I have like..NONE of my original Beast Wars collection, and the figures I do have tend to either not be all there or are kinda worn a bit.

Was just thinking of how many I actually had/how much money my parents probably spent on them, and how happy I was when I got them or whatever.

Kinda depressing actually, dunno just kinda killed the good mood I was in thinking about all that.

So yeah, just wanted to vent a bit..get it off my chest and what not.

2. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

AHHHH!!!!

GET OUT! YOU'RE NOT WELCOME HERE!

No one the generation after mine is allowed to feel nostalgic! That would mean I'm getting older and closer to death AND THAT'S JUST NOT TRUE!!!!!!

3. cannabisprime

cannabisprime Well-Known Member

... it's never too late to rebuild that BW collection. With the release of the Japanese BW 10th Anni figures, it's probably the best time to start that rebuild too.

4. Sector Seven

Sector Seven ∞ GΣΣK™

I know how you feel (granted I came into TFs a lot earlier) - though I lost mine by theft... like, as in all of them. I just started hunting for them again, as after the loss of my figs - RID came out and I started grabbing those... then the UT stuff, and Classics, Alternators... you know how it goes.

Now that I'm pretty caught up on movie figs I've a chance to get them again and am taking the opportunity to do so.

5. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Yeah, there were a few I was planning on picking up after some more of the major items on my "To get list".

Things like G1 MP Starscream, MP05, MP01, Leader Brawl are a bit higher on my to get list since they are the most expensive items I want and getting them out of the way would be a big help.

I don't think I'll ever get around to buying all of the figures I had before (even some of the cool side characters I had) because for me money does tend to be an issue (I lucked into being able to buy as many movie figures as I have)..but some of the more major ones I do plan on picking up.

6. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

You want to flame, go somewhere else - TFW Staff

7. Sector Seven

Sector Seven ∞ GΣΣK™

Wow. What an incredibly insightful reply you've made there.

Thank The Matrix for the ignore feature.

8. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    lol, opinions

9. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    Gee, wonder why almost every thread you post in gets locked...:redface2:  And I happen to like the head-for-a-hand thing that Beast Wars had going on. Megatron, Guiledart, and of course MACH KICK are some of my favourite TF figures of all time.

Out of curioustity, what figures are you missing the most NGW?

10. flux convoy

flux convoy RIP Botcon.

Ebay:
    Like others have said, with the Takara reissues now out, now is probably the best time to rebuild that collection. I've been slowly building my show character collection for about two years or more. Although having just got all the Takara ones and knocking out like half my list of show characters at Botcon for good prices, I'm getting there fairly quick. That is one long run on sentence there. Mostly what I have left are the more expensive ones. Characters like Ravage, TM II Megatron and some season one favorites. The Primal and Megs reissues that came out about a year ago are fantastic! some TRU's still have them in stock. I'd start there.

11. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I don't even know where to begin....a fair few though.

12. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

That's cool man, I know many of us are guilty of abusing our figs at some time.
    That was part of the fun then, doing some serious battling with the armies :lol 

Feel bad for making my little Constructicons eat all that dirt. Back then they were just superfun toys. (on sale at KMart)
    Who woulda thought eh?

You can still get some of those Beast Wars back for good deals these days. Happy hunting and buy some shelves lols

13. Master Megatron

Master Megatron Action Bastard

Personally, I never liked beast wars. BW II was sweet, I'd get some of them if I could, but the U.S. line (except some early ones) never appealed to me. They were either ugly or just a pile of ball joints.

14. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    In the immortal words of Chris Morris: You're wrong, and you're a grotesquely ugly freak.
    Thanks.

15. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I just wish I had a Bw collection to begin with. I seem to be a bit more open minded towards the line.

16. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Im a geewoner by origin. But my heart goes to beastwars. I have every show character from the original run including Ravage. I also have my 10th anniversay figs because I really wanted transmutate. A new show figure after 10 years. What more can a fan ask for???

Thanx
    Transbot90210