I miss buying toys in person

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Nerdling, May 21, 2007.

1. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:

"Jefe, do you know what a plethora is?"

Although I do like the conveniece of buying online and do look foward to that delivery. The thrill of finding something new a retail is awesome.

This saturday I stopped by Target on a whim while driving home. Ended up finding some new movie deluxes. Damn I felt good when I came around that corner and saw Bumblebee hanging there. I thought to myself, "No F'in way, Score!!" Made an otherwise crappy day at work into a great one.

2. MC Rap Throne

MC Rap Throne unknown member

News Credits:
    Tell me about it. I miss Japan so badly. I was in a small city called Oyama, and the local Toys'R'Us always had the TF goods. Dunno about the bigger cities, though.

The worst thing about online shopping for me is that now I'm living in brazil, a third world country with a corrupt government and absurd taxes. Shipping is always a nightmare, you never know when they'll open your parcel and tax it, because it's random and sometimes they don't even open it.

If I get stuff sent to me via FedEx or DHL, it's freaking 100% of the item in TAXES plus shipping. Once I've bought me 4 baseball hats from the MLB online store, I paid $100 on those. When I got the arrival notice here, it said I had to pay another $100 in taxes. $50 for a FREAKIN' BASEBALL HAT, LOL.

The most I had to cash out for taxes was when I ordered the japanese G1 DVD sets from amazon japan. Each set was nearly $200, I got three, had to pay $600 only in taxes. I hate this place.

3. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    I think the only one i bought from an auction site was Revoltech Prime. The rest of my toys I picked them up myself.^^

4. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Logic dictates that I should have given up months ago, but that damn Magnus V Skywarp pack still eludes me.

Also, come release time, I will be hunting down all the movie stuff I can, except the huge quantities of stuff that wont see release here, see; most.

5. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I don't shop for toys much anymore either, mostly because I can never find anything, we mush either have a shit-load of Transformer fans around here, or large scale scalping... maybe a bit of both.

6. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

7. defstar

defstar Autobot...

I like both actually...rounding the corner to see that toy on the shelf...or coming home and seeing that box by the door...both are nice...but with buying off the shelf you can atleast check for box condition on items you're keeping MISB...ordering you have to trust the seller...

8. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

Visit the Junkion Exchange... it's like buying "in person" instead it's from a person!

9. Nerdling

Nerdling Jiminy Jilikers!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dude, a month ago I had the last one in my hands for $13.98. I looked at it for what must have been ten minutes and still didnt buy it. 'Magnus' looked ok, but very brittle and kinda effeminate (not that there's anything wrong with that) so I passed. I also figured since I have MP-04 whats the point?

With Skywarp, I just wasnt impressed enough with the toy to buy him. His paint apps are better than Starscream's, but he just doenst really have enough of a personality for me to drop money on.

10. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Magnus is underwhelming, but the mold isn't brittle. Skywarp i'm glad to own.

11. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod Larzzing on twitter!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah I love the feeling of just ripping through everything to find a toy you have been looking for.

I can't buy stuff online and if I ever do it will brobably be a last resort

12. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    I'm conflicted on this one. I like shopping online because Hasbro's distrabution doesn't even qualify as pathetic. It really is piss poor, at best. On the other hand 99% of my collection is MISB, so it is really hit or miss for me. Sometimes you get a great one, but they are usually OK or just plain beat. When that happens on go back on the hunt in the local stores to see if I can find a suitable replacement that a purchase with cash. Then I return the not so hot one 5 mins later and get my loot back.

13. Nerdling

Nerdling Jiminy Jilikers!

News Credits:
    Ebay:

haha, I did this to Classics Jetfire. I bought him and played with him a little, then decided I should order him online. I transformed him back into his jet mode and the lady at Target barely glanced at the package.

The boxes of some of the newer TFs are really awesome and bitter sweet to open. That's life I guess.

14. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    Amen.

Also, having stores that seem to get shipped differently than the rest of them, really crushes your spirits.

Chicagoland suburbs always get everything months after the rest of the country, for some reason, if at all...

Reading how everyone is just strolling into stores and walking out with armfuls, and I'll spend a day and a tank of gas with nothing to show for it at the end of the trip really pisses me off.

15. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Almost always cheaper to buy online. No taxes, no gas wasted chasing your stuff around. Even with shipping, it's still most of the time cheaper.

16. WheatiesBoy

WheatiesBoy Destroyer

I remember that, But instead I was pushing away a bunch of Waspinators to find the last Dinobot.

p.s~ I have never orderd a toy online ever. amazing?

17. ShawnL7

ShawnL7 Old School Transfan

yeah, I came to that realization too.