I miss buying toys in person

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Nerdling, May 21, 2007.

1. Nerdling

Nerdling Jiminy Jilikers!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You know that feeling of going to your favorite aisle and seeing a bunch of Cliffjumpers you dont want, pushing them out of the way, and finding the last Hot Rod or Soundwave. Damn. This online shopping thing kind of takes the fun out of that.

2. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nobody's stopping you from driving down to Target and buying a Transformer.

Or wait until June 2 and buy movie stuff.

3. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I know what you mean. With crappy distribution and case ratios it is next to impossible to just find one of some figures without having to go online. Hell I still need an aLt Wheeljack and Shockblast which never came to Canada. However when you are lucky to find something it is that much more awesome.

4. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    you know though..... Now I squeal in joy when I see the UPS man :D 

5. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah I buy most stuff online nowadays, too, so I understand. I bought some Real gears and legend toys the other day in person, 20% off at Kmart, I was really high! :lol 
    It was great, but having said that, considering the price and shitty distribution, I'll still stick to importing most of the time.

6. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I've gotten over the whole shopping online takes the fun out of it thing. We tend to skip a fwe things here, so if I want to guarantee I get something then online is the only route to go.

You know this COULD be taken out of context and SOME may find it a titch funny. But not I... no... no. That would be not be very mature, now would it. :wink: 

7. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol  :lol  :lol 

8. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

But how annoyed do you get then when you come home to see that "sorry we missed you" note..

To know that your toy is there, but you'll have to wait another 24hours..There is no joy there.

Now on subject, I too loved, I guess still love getting excited going to a store to find something..BUT the frustration of going to 5-10 stores and NEVER seeing updates since like Christmas becomes just as annoying and cancels out all excitement..Walking in going "I know there won't be anything.." So in ways, while the hunt is fun, it's a bittersweet taste. I like coming home to packages--it's like christmas and your birthday all in one setting!

9. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

I hate that! Several times I've had to go pick something up at the UPS or Fed Ex station and that required an hour drive. Not to mention having to wait in line at the post office.

10. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just leave a piece of paper on your door that says, "Drop the package by the front door. Signed, *Signature here*" I always do that, and it hasn't failed me yet.

11. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    it's been longer since I bought a toy online than it has since I bought one in the stores (MP Megs is the only toy I've bought online this year)

12. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

I do that now too, it's worked out once so far. So we shall see.

13. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    uhh, no problem here. 99% of stuff i buy in the aisle.

14. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

Well yeah, cause you actually get releases over there..And apparently like months before we do..I'd shop there all the time too if I could.

15. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Sweden is bad, never get everything from a whole line and price are outrages ( 50 bucks for a classic Jetfire, yeah u read right) luckely for me I only collect G1 so I cant find that in toystores anyway. and if it is something new I want like a ressue or something , then I just ebay it.

looking forward though to buy some movie stuff on the local tru though.

and Im with Sami on this, comming home from a lousy day filled with idotic inmates , its nice to see a note , and only know it takes me 5 min to go down and get the box that is filled with wonderfull TF toys.

16. dlatkow

dlatkow Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I always found half the fun in getting the toy was the hunt. It's too bad that lately you can't find the toys any more.
    I do love having a package show up but it will never compare to the joy I used to get in finding the toys in the store.

On a side note but slightly related. Does any one besides me miss going to the store and being surprised by an all new toy. Back before the internet showed us what was coming out months/years in advance.

17. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    It's definitely a double edges sword. I definitely DO miss going into a store and seeing toys I didn;t even know about, but on the other hand it's nice to be able to take a look at upcoming toys and see in depth photo galleries of them before deciding to buy them or not, especially with the plethora of stuff thats being released for the movie.

18. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Luckily the UPS guys around here and mail carrier are to lazy to carry the box back to their trucks, and whether I am home or not leave the package. But even if I did get that, it's MUCH less fustrating then driving to the store and NOT seeing what you drove all the way there looking for! RAH!

19. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That's even worse than here. :-( (about 37 bucks) Not that Hasbro U.K. have gotten much money from me in the last few years.

20. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I have yet to have that happen. They leave the "sorry we missed you" note when I'm home instead. bastards don't even knock.