I might could do some hurting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rumble02, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

So today is day one of no smoking. has been 27 hours since my last cigarette. last night and the startof today was fine but now I feel like I could punt a puppy just for being cute. anyone else trying to quit?

2. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    My dad eats chocolate chips by the handful when he gets craving for cigarettes. I would recommend this over puppy abuse.

3. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, I don't smoke can't say anything.

4. prowler13

prowler13 Queen of Ferelden

I never smoked, but my mom did for like 20 some yrs and I've been around those who have quit. I know it's super hard from what I've seen. Good luck and kudos for trying to better your health.

5. TFtoycollector

TFtoycollector I'm British i am

News Credits:
    Never touched a cigarette and never will. My dad tired to quit a few times in the past with no luck. He started to chew gum alot. said it gave him something to do and took his mind off smoking.

Anyway. Good luck and all the best. Hope you can kick the habit.

6. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've never smoked and never plan to. I wish you luck on quitting.

7. Allsparky

Allsparky Pour la chevalerie!

I quit cold turkey Jan. '08 and never looked back! Not sayin' this is for everyone, but I went to Academy and bought a punching bag. Spent a lot of that first three weeks in the manroom working the hell out of that thing. Ended up with some damn scuffed bloody knuckles out of the deal, but I really think it kept me from losing my sanity! Good luck homie!

8. turboedguy

turboedguy minibotologist

News Credits:
    Cold turkey for me 15+ years ago. Just stopped and kept telling myself that is what I wanted to do, and stuck with it.

9. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Quit last april for my newborn, chewed nicorette like crazy and then that just stopped. I dont even think about it anymore, which is a blessing. Just keep at it and find a reason not too and it can happen, but you gotta be 100% ready to quit.

Also, for all you people that chime in and dont smoke, just dont post. It makes no sense. You dont smoke, good for you.

10. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    ive been smoke free for 11 years now. i was 2 packs a day when i decided to quit, did it cold turkey too. quitting was the hardest thing i ever did. hang in there it gets better and the payoff is well worth it

11. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 RC 1136

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I haven't had a real cigarette since 6/16 of last year. I say real, because last March I started using an Electronic one (blucigs), and I ended up at a Fire for 6 hours without it and bummed one from another Firefighter. I actually haven't used the blucig since around mid-July. If you can, try out an electronic smoke, it worked for me!

12. Big Dawg

Big Dawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I quit smoking cigarettes about 5 years ago. Yup, F-ing hard. Now I enjoy the odd stogie when I drink (that is the absolute worst time to be a recent quitter- the first couple of times you go out and have a few drinks)

13. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

Well I survived the night lol. On to day 2.5 lol. The hugs from my daughter definitely make it better

14. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You might wanna try a Vapor Cig. that's what a classmate of mine is using to curb his addiction.

Plus you can use in the classroom.

15. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Giving up smoking is easy. I've given up smoking loads of times. :p 

Seriously though I just stopped. My girlfriend has allergies and smoke is one of the things which sets them off. I love my woman so I just stopped. I met her and went from practically living on cigarettes to not having any. I may sometimes miss them and will occasionally think 'This would've been the perfect time for a smoke' but I know it's for the best. I know it can be very hard for other people though.

16. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I quit for about a year now, I chewed the gum and it worked pretty good. Now I'll still chew gum every now and then when I feel the need to smoke.

I picked up joggin instead and after the first few weeks of hacking up shit I feel alot better.

Good luck!

17. XxGeck0xX

XxGeck0xX デストロン 情報

News Credits:
    I still haven't quit since asking on here like a year ago. It's hard to live in a country where you can really smoke anywhere and standing in line for transformers monthy for an hour is so much easier with smokes. I hope to quit at some point since trying zyban didnt help me out either.

18. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Quitting smoking is the hardest habit to kick. This has been proven. When you go to rehab for Alcohol and Drugs, you are asked to quit all habits. You know what people fail to quit over and over again in these places? Cigarettes. So people can literally quit Heroine before they can cigarettes.

Having said, it is important to recognize that.

I use to smoke over 2 packs a day. I got the patch and quit that way. I do recall one day running out of patches and being at a party where everyone was smoking. I was in a corner rocking back and forth like a crack head. I held strong and did not have a cigarette.

The way I was able to quit was like this:
    - First two weeks I kept thinking, "Well, I love smoking so much, I haven't done it in a day, so let me play this out, or I just gave up a day of not doing my favorite thing. Then I am just waisting my time". For two weeks that worked
    - After two weeks, I kept saying, well, you made it two weeks. If you can make 2 weeks, then you should be able to do 2 more weeks.
    - That got me to 3 months. At 3 months, I had a dream that I smoked (which actually continues for like 2 years after you quit). I woke up feeling really bad like I had actually smoked. I felt like I let myself down for working so hard for 3 months and just giving in. I realized if I felt that bad about a dream, then it would be even worse if I started again.

That got me over from that point on. In reality, they say once you do or don't do something for 6-9 months, it becomes habit. So realistically in 6-9 months, the whole thing will be easy.

So I guess what I am trying to say is make small markers for yourself. Get past each and celebrate each. Hey, punt a puppy if you have to.

19. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

Smoke free for ...3-4 years now. Lost track. Stay strong and remember your commitment. When I quit cigs, I had to quit coffee and social drinking. I also decided to skip all my breaks at work until I felt comfortable around the smokers. You'll never regret it!

20. TF rocks

TF rocks Try and stop me!

Had an uncle who quit cold turkey. Whenever he wanted a cigarette, he would eat something sour or chew gum. One time he ate a whole bag of sour warheads, and that worked well. Not sure what willl work for you, but just try something that might be helpful.