I may be crazy, but....-PRID Ironhide Topic

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by anikenvader, Sep 1, 2012.

1. anikenvader

anikenvader Stuff & Things

News Credits:
    So, I was told by 2 different people, that rumor has it, that Hasbro decided to go with Kup instead of Ironhide, and Ironhide will be a Japanese color exclusive. So, ultimately, what I've been told is, in some magazines, Ironhide has been labeled a color exclusive. I was wondering if anyone else has heard this and if so, where it says so?

Also: Please refrain from the "OMG Hasbros gonna release it in the same wave as Unicron, Breakdown, Leader Blackout, and MP MEgatron, derr yu su ******ed frikken newb, so entitled" comments. I'm NOT saying that we're not, I'm ASKING where that's coming from. Thanks a plenty. Also, please excuse if there is already a thread on the matter.

2. Sideswipe1995

Sideswipe1995 Member

Yeah it's true... As of now, the "ironhide" that we thought hasbro would make turned out to be kup instead which is coming out in wave five with rumble... That doesn't mean that hasbro won't repaint the mold as ironhide in a future wave, but it just hasn't been confirmed

Right now, the ironhide paint job is a Japanese exclusive because it's been confirmed to be coming out as the AM-20 in the arms micron line in the next couple of months... Who knows if hasbro will make it though, I'm happy to have the mold as kup and I'd prefer hasbro to bring over figures like breakdown/jet vehicon/ unicron than to have them repaint kup but that's just me

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    For now Ironhide is a Japanese exclusive. But Ironhide is more possible than, say, Breakdown who was held back from a domestic release due to his mould not meeting restrictions, wheras Ironhide would just be a simple redeco.

4. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Agreed, but Hasbro have been sipping the loopy juice recently.

5. Avengers

Avengers Banned

The mold is nothing special. it's just the movie verse ironhide deluxe revamped in the TF Prime toy line style.

6. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    No.

7. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    In either case, I'm not taking any chances with IH.

I'll just order the AM when its for sale and just be done with it.

8. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So far, all of the off screen characters have been Hasbro or Tomy exclusives... (except for Ultra Magnus) Granted, not many, but Skywarp, Hot Shot, Kup, Rumble, Swerve, and Ironhide all say "hi".

Watch Hasbro release Ironhide only in all black. And with a different head.

9. daddytron

daddytron Your mom is an oversized CHUG

Dumb that they did Ironhide rather than Kup. That mold fits Ironhide SO much better. More oddball behavior from Hasbro.

10. zannus

zannus Well-Known Member

If this is true why does BBTS list a preorder for a PRID Deluxe Ironhide?

11. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    Not in this reality.

12. Tarrn

Tarrn Bikeformer Fanboy

That's Kup; their listing for the Wave 5 deluxe case still claims to have two Ironhides, so I'm guessing that's what their computer systems claims that particular figure is called.

My major problem with the toy is that the design was based on a sketch that was never intended to be a part of 'Prime' - it's sort of equal parts G1 and Movie - and so doesn't meet the aesthetic of the show. Whereas you can tell with Ultra Magnus and Rumble that they were, and even Hot Shot's head looks the part (especially obvious on his card artwork.)

13. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I dunno. It kinda makes sense in a way. People will buy Kup because it's a new mold in a line that's not got a lot of new molds and where distribution seems to be generally poor. So we'll probably snap up any new molds regardless. Than later Hasbro redecos the mold into the character everyone wanted to begin with and so they buy it again. If they did Ironhide first then many people might just buy that and not bother with purchasing any future Kup redeco.

If I see a Kup I'll buy it because Ironhide may never happen or I even if it does I may never see one to buy it. But if an Ironhide does later then come into my sights I'd probably buy it too. The other way around I'd just buy Ironhide and ignore any future Kup release.
    A personal example would be Universe Prowl and Silverstreak. I really wanted the Silverstreak deco but I had no idea if we'd get it here in the UK so I picked up Prowl just to have the mold. Then when Silverstreak did get release here I got that as well. If Silverstreak had come out first I'd have just bought that and ignored Prowl since I rarely buy redecos and the Prowl version is kinda plain and boring.

I'm not saying that's how Hasbro are doing things with this figure, but if it was it would make some business sense working the fandom in that way. They would just be taking advantage of how fans choose their purchases (certainly in my case). And outside the fandom it probably doesn't matter to kids which character version comes first.