"I...man...if you seen dis sh**..."

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Ops_was_a_truck, Jul 28, 2007.

1. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Okay. 3rd time seeing the film tonight. The human responses to the Decepticons were absolutely fantastic. Sam going all nutsoid when Barricade "interrogated" him, Epps and Josh Duhamel going nutcase about Scorponok...the responses to the robots were really well handled.

Discuss amongst yourselves, in the loudly hyperbolic fashion that only the movie discussion is famous for.

Goddammit, I'm so drunk that hitting the keys is a bit of a labor. Whoo bachelor party.

2. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree. It was nice that Prime noticed how the S7 guy didn't get scared. From the very first image I saw where they show Scorponok, when the guys in the foreground were running with a "Holy F**k" expression, I pretty much said "yeah, that's exactly what you do when being chased by a giant metal scorpion".

3. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    sams initial dialogue abt em with mikaela says it all.

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I think the human response was very well done. Of course you're going to be scared of giant alien robots! Especially things like Scorponok which burst out of the ground like that.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Sam and Bumblebee were rightfuly the stars of the film. Sam's reaction to all the different Autobots and Decepticons was fantastic. Even Mikeala's reactions to Barricade and Bumblebee were spot-on.

Don't forget the people in the army base, when Blackout nearly stepped on Tyrese. (sp?)

Dave Chappelle should have been in this movie. He would have world class reactions.

6. Trenner Dios

Trenner Dios Humility > Huge Ego

It makse you wonder what it would have been like if the Transformers were the real stars of the film, and there was little to no human character development. Giant CGI robots as the stars in a real world would be so silly. It would have to be all CGI, like Final Fantasy, and it certainly wouldn't be able to be a huge summer blockbuster. The human reactions tied me to the film and the story, unlike in the cartoon, where I have no interest in Spike or Chip.

7. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

I thought Mikeala's reactions were quite strong as well, such as her, "they know your name!" moment. I really, really like how that military guy mutters, "I don't know..." when Keller asks, "what is that?" the first time they see Scorponok on the screen. And yeah, I love Tyrese's, "man...if you seen this shit...". :D 

8. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I loved how Sector Seven saw themselves as being in control right up to the point when anything bad happened. Simmons truly was the "nerd made good"; did anyone else get the feeling that if he was a kid nowadays he'd be like Comic Book Guy?

9. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I thought that was well done too. They were the only ones not freaking out because they already knew they existed. Sam's reaction to Barricade was well played too, if that thing was chasing me I would probably say oh shit 10 times too at least.

Even the reaction to the arrival of the Autobots seemed like "WTF? How many of these things are there?"

10. Lady_Prime

Lady_Prime Prime's Leading Lady

Ebay:
    *One thing I noticed was Sam's "oh sh*t" look on his face when Ratchet told the crowd that he wanted to mate with Mikaela.

*And finally, I caught Jazz's line saying, "This looks like a good place to kick it."

*And I caught Bonecrusher FINALLY belching, "HATE PRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME!"

*AND...I noticed how "short" Optimus got with Ironhide and Ratchet saying, "What's the matter with you?" I raised my eyebrows on that rather "human" moment..

Okay, there went my commentary..4 times in the theater is enough for me. Now I'll wait for the 3 disk DVD set with all this extra footage and outtakes.

Heather

11. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I thought his horror and embarrassment was HILARIOUS and VERY well played. He really seems like a big douchebag in reality, I thought he did a FANTASTIC and VERY convincing job. His reaction to Barricade was spot on realistic. "I don't know what you're talking about"... this is before he meets Prime, right? So scared he can't remember, maybe? Or yeah, he was probably just playing dumb.

12. Soundwarp

Soundwarp Next victim please TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol : I must agree you are drunk..........

:D  But you are dead right

13. 80Datsun210

80Datsun210 Well-Known Member

Ditto what most of you have said already, and I really got to hand it to the actors because of course they're reacting to something that's not even there. They have to imagine these big f***ing robots and imagine how they'd react to such things. Can't remember where I read it or heard it, but some interview mentioned that most of the time Shia was co-acting with lights on poles, with someone off-camera reading the robots' lines. Mad props, to make that convincing!

I like how professionally the AF Special Ops team handled it all, after the initial "Holy f**k"ness of the situation. They analyze the data they have, looking at the picture Epps snapped and saying, "OK, we gotta get this to the Pentagon as soon as possible so they know what we're dealing with," and examining Skorponok's tail to learn more about this new enemy and how to hurt him.

14. Talathia

Talathia TFW's Cool Little Heathen

I totally agree. I was really impressed with Shia LaBeouf's response and acting, heck everyones. The way his voice cracked when he said; "Satan's Camaro man, it's -stalking- me!", When BB was chasing Sam on the side walk, while Sam was on his mother's bike and yells "STOOOP D8" and the "Oh SH*T!" ahahaha, when Barricade was chasing him.

And I'm very curious if they'll have "behind the scenes clips" on the DVD, showing parts of the film where Shia (and the other actors) interacted with the Transformers.. but showing what it looked like without the Transformers there. What did they use for props and all- to get the facing right, to make sure the human characters were looking in the right direction. Reminded me a lot of "Who Framed Roger Rabbit". Because whoever played Eddie- the one detective, had nothing to respond to or a plastic puppet, which from what I read was not to aid him, but to aid the animators to get the lighting right, when they added the animated characters in.

15. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    That was not acting. That man was legitimately scared. In the Making Of feature, Micheal Bay talks about how he shot that scene. All the sand bursting up, that was shot in real-time. He put live explosives under the ground and told all the actors not to trip.

16. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    "Man.. I don't...man, if you seen this shit!" --- That scene has been forever immortalized in my memory as one of the best "Scared Shitless" scenes ever. Watching Sam's "Oh Shit, oh Shit, OH SHIT!" Scene totally reminded me of Elijah's Wood's "Oh Shit x1" line from "The Factulty (1998)", but LaBeouf's cursing was so much more believable given Barricade was practically on his ass and the Alien in the pool caught Stokley (Clea DuVall) and not Casey (Wood).

I loved when Lennox was hopping around on the sand when Scorponok burrowed back underground and Epps was shooting like a madman.

But yeah, every scene showcasing the uber-realistic shock and fear of every Human in that movie when faced with Transformers were the best. I seriously didn't expect such awesome performances, even when the fear was genuine[?] and not created.