I loved the movie but *blank* dissapointed me.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Liege Prime, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I loved the movie but the way Prime got beat around so easily and that Prime seemed to give up so easily near the end dissapointed me. I really wanted to see Prime get the upper hand on his own, despite how badass Megatron was. Prime got a few hits in when you saw the battle from a distance, but otherwise, Megatron owned him. I can only just assume Prime was too wrapped up in protecting Sam and the other people to fight his hardest.

I loved the movie though, saw it twice and will see it more, I just wanted to know who else had little dissapointments in light of still loving the movie.

2. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    *spoiler*

I thought there would be more to the highway scene, and Bonecrusher going down so quickly, although the way Prime did it was sweet

*end spoiler*

3. Ass Nacho

Ass Nacho Awesome Gooey

Yeah, same here. Loved the movie, but that was one of my disapointments too. I thought for sure Prime would of held up a lot better than what he did. maybe he was too focused on protecting Sam. Who knows. But, hopefully he'll be a real bad ass in the sequel.

4. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    Hah, so many people seem to be in shock about Megs and Jazz, but Prime with Bonecrusher was much more merciless and fast.

5. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

It's kinda annoying with the whole case of "where did Barracade go?". I've heard that he got shot pretty early during the urban fight and didnt recover but I havent seen it myself to confirm. I'm going to see the movie today and figure that out. I kinda wish that Scorponok was found as well. I can only assume a few things.

Blackout failed to recover Scorponok and Scorponok is lost in the desert.

Scorponok died from after injury (if possible).

Scorponok never wanted to be recovered.

I would say that I'm dissapointed seeing Blackout got shot out by humans so easily but.... I did also say that it would've been cool if Blackout died by the surviving humans at the base. Besides, Blackout wasnt watching his back and that's his own fault otherwise. The humans did do a really good job of teamwork, totally claiming the initative.

6. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

How did Prime give up? It was a very courageous and strong thing that he did. Before the battle began he told the other Autobots that he will join the Allspark with his own Spark to destroy it and end the war. This was something the he PLANNED to do. To sacrifice himself in the name of ending the war is THE MOST courageous and honorable thing anyone could have done. He wasn't giving up, he was preparing to sacrifice himself like he said he was going to. He just can't sacrifice himself when he is dead.

So ya .... I can't understand how you say he gave up.

7. Autobot HipHop

Autobot HipHop Covert Operations

Remember the great trailer debate about Blackout and those "spindly legs"? Perhaps the soldier decided that said legs were an obvious weak point lacking armor and went straight for em.

My dissappoinment with the flick will always be the death of Jazz. Just like in TFTM '86 when it was the death of Optimus :(  RIP Scatman.

8. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    He told Sam "If I can't defeat Megatron, place the Allspark in my chest." or something like that. So, what I meant was, he gave up fighting Megatron even while Megatron was laying there on the ground. Prime got right up afterwards so how badly damaged was he? I am just saying it seemed like there was still a chance he could beat Megs after he was shot by the jets, so it was odd that he told Sam to put the Allspark in his chest so quickly. I admire that he would do that, I just though it was too preemptive.

9. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Yeah, I thought it was cool that the humans observed Blackout's armor weakness and exploited it. That is military thinking, it's why I said that Blackout's death really wasn't that bad.

10. Swiftblade

Swiftblade Member

[​IMG]

The Cons just really needed more screen time and more lines

11. Swiftblade

Swiftblade Member

Also they more less blasted him between the legs. I don't know about you guys but I think I would be down after that crap also

12. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It seems like the TFs don't fully understand the AllSpark and its power. Ratchet told Prime that joining with the AllSpark could kill him, it seemd like Prime preferred risking himself than risking what would happen if the power were unleashed on Megatron. Zapping Megs with the cube was Sam's idea not Prime's.

The power of the AllSpark didn't kill Megs. He may be in statis-lock, but he'll end up more powerful than ever. Megatron finally got what he wanted, his hand on the AllSpark's power.

Megatron won.

13. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If they'd shown the Prime/Megs battle more than just in the background it would have all been better, but no, humans vs. grunt Decepticon is apparently more important eh

14. Backpack

Backpack Scattershot who?

I wanted a little bit more of a fight between Prime and Bonecrusher.

Some time spent with the decepticons on earth, while they were all hiding.

Megatron should have had a more powerful looking cannon. The shot he fired sent Prime flying clear down the street, but it didn't look all that strong.

It would have been nice if Ratchet would have come to help Bumblebee after Sam called for him.

There should have been some dialog from the Decepticons during the city fight.

One other thing really is bugging me now. The fact that when TFs are in sub freezing temps they become immoblized.... so how exacty can they travel through space? It's definatly alot colder in space than any where on earth.

Still thing Starscream should have looked more G1'ish. They did pull off the new design pretty well... but it wasn't really right for him. Prime, Bumblebee and Jazz all looked close to thier G1 counter parts... just wish the others stayed as true.

Dump the whole code breaker sub plot.

Sams Dad should have had a bigger role and been some what mechanicly inclined.

15. jazzmasta32

jazzmasta32 Well-Known Member

the autobots arent meant for war and combat, as the decepticons are.

16. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Loved the movie except you couldnt get a good look at Brawl because of all the movement.

17. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    My biggest issue with the movie was Michael Bay's "seizure cam" style of shooting. It's cool to have the camera a little unsteady for action sequences, but to the degree he did it in the final battle scene was just ridiculous. It was near impossible to focuse your eyes for more than a second on anything. It really detracts from the movie. And the little love story scenes were unnecessary and should have been cut in favor of scenes that had some actual charcter development for the TF's.

18. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They had more of a point than bits like the cousin playing DDR at least, Bumblebee "lubricating" John Turturro, little silly joke stuff like that is what should have been cut more than anything, to me anyway. I enjoyed the humor, but there was so much of it, without as much, more time could have been spent on the bots.

19. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    I think one of the main reasons the film is doing so univerally good is the love scenes and the humor. It keeps no TF fans a but more entertained. Not saying I wouldn't rather have more of the 'bots, but it my not have done so well from a financial front.... that's just a theory.

20. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Only scene that bugs me is when Bumble gets his legs blown off.

Not a bad scene, nothing wrong with the acting.
    Nothing wrong with anything until...

You realize it's Jazz that sam tells to move back. Jazz, the same autobot who said they should go help BB from the humans.

Yet here he is, and he can't even think for himself to back up and give BB room? Let alone transform and help him? While I can understand that the already transformed ironhide was probably keeping an eye out for a returning screamer. And ratchet may have been pre occupied by knowing he could fix bumble later, it's surprising that Jazz wouldn't transform and help bumble to the side, or anything.

I guess it could be written off as the shock of what just happened, but even so, these are soldiers who have seen far worse, why now the sudden shellshock?

Barring that, and the watered down human scenes, I loved the movie.
    By watered down human scenes, I mean the blatant scenes removed they hint at in the film.

Voigt mentioning to maggie about the brain mouth thing, the prior conversation he found out about that was removed. The audience has no clue to what he is refering. And there's more similiar to that. And my other big complaint
    "I am Megatron" where's the rest of his Tirade? So he busts free just to scream I am megatron? While understandable if his audio receptors caught the NBE-01 remarks, it just feels off without some speech following that sentence stating how he is a ruler, not some fleshlings freezie pop. Okay maybe not those exact words, but you get my drift.

The movie was very well done, barring those two spots, and the numerous interaction scenes for the humans to explain their dialogue.

Including some minor explanation to why the allspark creations are pissy at birth would be nice. At least the novels cover the missing stuff. Well mostly...

I hate to say it, but due to Jazz's coldness in that scene, I'm actually satisfied by his fate.