I LOVE the Transformers movies!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by dirgestone, Jan 27, 2012.

1. dirgestone

dirgestone Banned

I might be alone in this and I might even be banned. I for one have seen nothing but good coming from the Transformers films. Let me explain why
    2000 B.T (Before transformers) My Collection was often looked down upon. People used to ask why a 20 year old still had toys. Girls were not cool with the shelves of "little animals" in my apartment. Lucky for me I am a musicain and that balances things out. Going to toy stores buying was a shameful thing at times with the looks. I got married young and my ex wife used to COMPLAIN about them all the time
    2007 A.T (After Transformers) My girlfriend at the time used to complain about the figures. Then we were sitting in the movies and the first ad appeared. She goes "ok I wanna see that. Isn't that those figures you collect?" Then we go see it and SHE LOVED IT! More than I did in some ways. The next week we were in Target together she noticed the sign and BUYS me a Nightwatch Prime , Blackout and Bumblebee. She was like "Bumblebee is mine by the way" My daughter LOVES Bumblebee also. People started supporting my collection and calling me when they found figures.

All that aside I actually enjoyed all 3 movies. ROTF being the weakest of the three still a great films but still a decent film. I waited since my childhood to see the Transformers come to life. I liked the designs more real than anything we had seen before. They never used 'stock' transformations. All great stuff.

There was bad Skids and Mudflap were bad. I didn't find them racist (I am black by the way) I thought they were more the suburb-herb wanna be thugs. They were bad to me because they wasted screen time that Sideswipe SHOULD have recieved or Jolt (did he even speak the whole film?)
    Devastator as an animal? Megatron bowing down to ANYBODY. I don't see the need for an extra big bad. Otherwise I was happy. Actually I am sad there is not another one coming
    Sorry for the winded post. I am tired of all of the movie hating

2. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Great posting!!!! :bay 

3. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

I, for myself, I say the best thing the movies did was gaining new fans. Like me. And it expanded the Transformers franchise globally better than the previous incarnations (Or so I think).

The movies made the Transformers cool again. That's a fact.

4. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    Well not everyone is going to like the movies. But that is their business. They have as much right to their opinion as people who do like the movies. No one is wrong and no one is right. But I like the movies too and would like more movies. Provided they were a reboot.

5. vatarian

vatarian snide spider

I agree with most of what of what you said. Accept for the second movie being "decent". I, too STILL get flack for collecting transformers, and I'm just a teenager. The fact is, humanity is whimsical in nature. If something's "in" they like it, but by next week, they've forgotten it was in, and now think it's stupid. Well... That's my experience anyway. If a girl leaves you because you collect, then it sounds like she wasn't worth it anyway. Neat that you got your Gf into Tfs. I found the Twins to be offensive, not on account of any racism, but in the pure inaneness of there characters. That and the fact that they took up screetime. People gonna hate. No matter what. I doubt this thread will stop them from complaining, but perhaps it will give them a different perspective on the movies.

6. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    Hear hear! There are a lot more of us who love the movies and movieverse. Many of us (like me) usually avoid this sub-forum because of the haters, but I saw this and had to chime in.

I love the designs.

I love the transformations.

I love the action and battles.

I love the weapons.

I love having a tough and powerful warrior Prime.

I love the musical scores from all three!

I love the incredible CGI.

I love the homages and inside jokes.

I love that Wash was in the 3rd one and he didn't die for a change! :) 

I love the toys, with so many realistic alt modes and awesome, truly alien bot modes.

BRING ON MOVIE 4!

(And this is all from someone who was 8 years old in '84 when G1 took over my childhood and has never stopped loving TFs since)

7. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I like these movies too, but just like a lot of people, I think they could be handled a little less "immaturely". To be honest, it is the toys I am tired of. I'm happy about what they did with DOTM, making it a shorter line than ROTF was, and putting it on hiatus for a while in favor of Prime.

But I will never forgive ROTF for being just a genuinely mediocre movie and being part of the reason Animated was cancelled. Powermaster Animated Optimus, Marauder Megatron? They would've been by themselves better than a vast majority of the ROTF toys put together.

These movies have a lot of potential, and a fourth being in the works does not bring me rage as it does other people. I think every movie brings something to the live action franchise that works, and I wouldn't mind seeing either a reboot or a fourth movie, but as it goes right now, a fourth movie might actually be better than a reboot, as there can be a new villain besides Megatron, a new conflict, and just a good expansion to the series. Less focus on Megatron as a villain might be good for a change. Will certainly work for the toyline!

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I'm glad you do! :D 

9. dirgestone

dirgestone Banned

Marauder Megatron? I wasn't aware of this

10. Cogar

Cogar Follower of the Code

The live action movies got me interested in Transformers again. I like the heightened realism of the movie alt modes. Transformers were no longer bricks with wheels or wings--or a pistol or cassette tape, for that matter. I was not fond that many of them changed so much I couldn't recognize them, but hey it’s a new continuity where they can kill off Prime and Megatron (and bring them back) and everyone can enjoy the mayhem.

PS: I loved Mudflap. Anyone who could get sucked in by Devastator and then bust out through his eyeball is a hero in my book.

11. ShOcKwAvE1213

ShOcKwAvE1213 THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

I love all the movies. I want a TF4 & TF5 and I really hope there are coming. If you read the comics you'd understand why Megatron was calling the fallen his master. But overall the tf movies are awesome. I didn't even know that tf's existed until I saw this movie. Now I'm a gigantic fan and collect the toys.

12. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

This!

13. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinions. What bothers me is when others want to take away the stuff I like because they don't (see the "No more sequels" thread...).
    I didn't like TF Animated, but I didn't wish for it to be canceled. I just enjoyed the movies. Why can't people just enjoy what they like and not harp on the stuff they don't?

14. Thalack

Thalack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree with all of this. Also, someone else posted that it brought more fans to the franchise. Another thing I've noticed....honorable mentions.

In 2006, before the first movie, I never would have heard the word Transformers used in an episode of Greys Anatomy. About a week ago there was an episode where Transformers was mentioned. The movies have made the franchise so mainstream it's now COOL to say transformers. Before hand you probably never would have heard about it except maybe in an episode of southpark or robot chicken where they made fun of them. (I admit, the robot chicken episode where prime had prostate cancer was pretty hilarious though)

15. Thalack

Thalack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^this x 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

I hated beast wars and animated. for me, 2 biggest piles of crap to ever have the transformers name. But others loved it. Just cause you don't like something doesn't mean it should be taken from those who enjoy it. Such a subject could get political..I.E. Online Gambling...asshole people took away not only my online gambling rights but all my damn money in my account too >.< Ok, off topic, back to transformers....

16. lildevilchick

lildevilchick what the doctor ordered

I really enjoyed the movies. The only issue I took with them was the fact that everything important happened on Earth. Movie 1 - the Allspark landed on Earth. Movie 2 - the energon machine was on Earth. Movie 3 - the Ark crashes on the moon. I mean seriously? Why do all these past events happen only on our planet?

Aside from that, I enjoyed the films immensely.

17. ShOcKwAvE1213

ShOcKwAvE1213 THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

Exactly. I'm not that big of a fan of TF Prime, but I don't put it down and tell everybody that I don't like it. Not everybody needs to know what u dislike. and what hthrun said as well I agree with him 1 million percent.

18. Leather Elbows

Leather Elbows Dooper

News Credits:
    The were the best thing to happen to Transformers ever. It's popularity increased massively. Everyone knows about it now. Hasbro are probably more successful now with these movies. The designs are better then the boxy G1 designs. I love them!

19. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Good for you... I guess?

20. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

This bamf right here:

[​IMG]