I love the movie, but the DOTM game just wasnt worth buying

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by OptimusPancake, Jul 20, 2011.

1. OptimusPancake

OptimusPancake Prime's Breakfest Chef

The campaign was like 4 hours long. lol im sorry but thats too short for a 60 dollar game. It wasnt really even a memorable 4 hours. It was the same thing over and over again. Each level consisted of two things. Walk from point A to Point B, kill the bad guys there, walk to point c, kill the bad guys there, and so on. and each level ended with a boss fight. The thing that really was stupid though was that the campaigns werent even split between autobots and decepticons, there was just one campaign. I was forced to play as megatron and defeat optimus. I didn't like that.

Online is better but still isnt worth buying the game over. Sure its fun but they should honestly have more characters. I dont get why I can play as Ratchet but not the autobot badass Sideswipe.

2. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

I thought it was okay. But then, I didn't pay anything for it either with having some good trade-ins and a coupon.

3. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sideswipe was taken for DLC which you can buy for a buck (80 MS points). It happens all the time in games.

But I sort of agree. I think this is the best movie game by far but it's just Diet War For Cybertron. During the 12 hours it took me to complete everything (including leveling multiplayer characters to max) I felt like I was playing a lesser WFC. So when I was done I went to play the real thing.

If you hadn't played WFC then yes this game is worth full price. But if you did, and better yet if you own WFC, then just play that. It is superior.

4. OptimusPancake

I was debating between this and WFC, and I highly regret not getting WFC. lol honestly the best movie game was the first one

5. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Myself, and the majority of professional reviewers, strongly disagree.

6. Wheeljack94

Wheeljack94 Autobot Lycan

News Credits:
    it was a good game up until i hopped back on wfc. havent played it since.

7. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It is an okay game but definitely not worth 60 bucks.

8. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I didn't particularly care for the DOTM games for the Nintendo DS. I disliked the overall setup, it took me forever to get the hang of the controls, I disliked how it was a "prequel" to the events of DOTM where the first two movie games were clearly based on some aspects of the movies, and I seriously miss the Create-A-Bot character from the first two movie games.

I did like being able to play as Lockdown in the Decepticons DS game, though.

9. Buster_Witwicky

Buster_Witwicky ALL HAIL KORROK

Maybe I'm just shit at video games, but I only got to Starscream's level in two days (Red box). I couldn't even get past the helicopters in his level, but that's mostly because he plays pretty differently from the others. I think it's worth a rent, especially Soundwave's level, but I wouldn't buy it.

10. cammason8

cammason8 Lord Starscream

Does Shockwave not have a vehicle mode? or Megatron? That justs takes away from the fun...

11. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    That is why they souldn't make any more prequels to movies for future games.

I only played DS games and must say that movie story would have made the game lot longer and cooler.Plus ,there would have been a lot more characters ,not just 4 playable for each side and that " okay,we will create 3 more robots,will give one a transformation and vehicle mode, ,while the other one would be on the front cover but would only appear at the end of the game for 5 seconds ,won't talk or anything and the last one will be there to talk a bit and give orders to Mirage and Bumblebee .but Neither of these will be playable because let's face it: 6 characters on one side and 5 on the other would make 11 characters total,which would be really bad for a transformers game.And we don't care that 1st game had 10 characters from movie and a bunch designs for "create a bot" ,we also don't care that WFC for DS had 30 characters total,we will only give you 8 total"

May I ask why ,Activision?Vicarious Visions made wonderful transformers games.Why to switch companies?? :banghead: 

EDIT:
    I dunno.I found the controls to be pretty good most of the time.
    The only problem I had was with driving reverse and turning at the same moment.If you pressed right it would turn left and the other way around.That made me go "wtf?Have they never driven a car or what?"

12. decepticon2020

decepticon2020 Best there is @ what I do

After playing the full campaign, I just don't feel satisfied with it. It's easy and kind of short, and the story line is okay. Now, for the characters. I liked how in WFC you could choose 1 out of 3 characters to play the level. Here, they give us only 1 character per level. And at the last level, you get to use Optimus but only for a boss fight? Come on, they should have gave us a full level for Optimus. I would rate this game a 4 out of 5. But this game isn't so bad. The nice thing is that the levels are very long so that keeps you engaged in the game and also the weapons are more realistic and cool this time. The multiplayer is good, but getting to level 20 is way too easy. Actually, my main reason I bought this game was for the multiplayer and trophies. And last thing, SHOCKWAVE MUST TRANSFORM!

WFC is still better than this game.

13. PuppyBonez

PuppyBonez Bee-Otch

Im glad someone else felt the campaign was too short. I'm not a huge gamer, but when I pay for a game I want it to entertain me for a long while. Even I managed to complete it in 5 hours (not with all the trophies however)

I have never been so annoyed at finishing a game before. I felt cheated. The game itself wasn't bad, I loved the interactions between characters, but it should have been longer. It has nothing on WfC.

14. OptimusPancake

Im hoping there is a DLC with some new characters and maps to improve the replay value

15. decepticon2020

decepticon2020 Best there is @ what I do

Yes. A DLC will motivate players to keep playing this game.

16. Crainy

Crainy Well-Known Member

Only if the game fails to delivere in the first place, which is, in fact, applicable to every shooter that came out in the last 5+ years.

17. col

col ROCK LORD

News Credits:
    Yeah, two words come to mind for the DOTM game: Stripped down.

18. Sigma Prime

Sigma Prime Heavy Iron

I enjoy the basic gameplay for DOTM, but campaign was too short and multiplayer is stripped down when compared to WFC. Luckily, I got a discount when I bought mine.

19. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

It's basically WFC, but everything's been lessened. The custcene graphics are pretty bad, the gameplay is much clunkier and not as polished, the MP is a heck of a lot less fun, there aren't as many customization options, the class system is even more flawed... it really was just a half-hearted effort. Certainly not worth $60, but netiher are most games nowadays.

At least it's some consolation that High Moon's priority is WFC 2, so it's a small sacrifice, I suppose.