I love the default control scheme

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Sideswipe80, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man it feels so natural once you get used to it. I hope HM keeps it for the future games.

2. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I do too, well outside of needing to invert the y axis anyways.

Still not fond of having the character on the side of the screen as they are though, feels weird.

3. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:
    I'm getting there, but when it get really hot in battle, I still have the instinct to go for buttons instead of the clicky-sticks. I think it's an interesting set-up, but I question having the melee on the same stick as the camera, and I really think any game these days should feature completely customizable controls. There's no reason not to.

4. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:

Y'know, I was thinking about this last night, and learned to more or less ignore the character and try to focus on the aiming reticle as though it were a first person game.

5. VBBN

VBBN The Awakened

News Credits:
    Yeah I like it to, I actually like having the ransform as an analog stick click. Though I must admit, After playing an hour or more of a game like this, there is no way I can go on to play Halo or CoD, my coordination is set on 3rd person view for the day. XD

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I was honestly surprised how fluid and natural the flight controls were.

7. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ Yeah. Adding the hover mode to all the vehicles on top of the "speedster" modes made them handle incredibly well. I chose control scheme B though because I kept pressing in the stick to transform when the action got hot. The Y button is perfect for me.

8. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    I think it's great. Although sometimes i might jam the analog stick to hard and accidentally transform but I'm getting better at not doing that

9. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Its the controls are very natural and smooth which is great. My only problem is that some times when I try to melee, I end up transforming instead which in multiplayer pretty much means I just signed my own death warrant.

10. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

I love the controls too, but I always accidentally transform in the heat of battle and I end up dying. Although in Scheme 2, having the weapon toggle as d-pad up seems too far a reach when you're in the middle of a fight.

11. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I had too switch to the y button Transformation scheme. My big meat paws always push the stick in and I transform when I don't want to :(  It is a great layout though.

12. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've come to really like the default scheme too. I thought the transforming L3 would bug me but it's harder to accidentally push on the ps3 than it was when I played it on the 360.

13. baggzey23

baggzey23 psn - baggzey23

News Credits:
    good controls (i had to invert the axis on the jet since most games i played had it )

my first impressions were that you had to hold in the L stick when in vehicle mode to move and if you let go you transform back into robot mode (thank god they made it so you just had to click)

also i thought R1 to shoot would suck and i thought R2 on rotf would be better but there the same